eBay Leather Jackets

VR6Dave

Anyone here own one of these jackets I see advertised on eBay? Just wondering what the quality is, double/triple stitched seams, etc? How good are the CE protectors? The quilted liner, vest or full w/sleeves? Any insight would be helpfull. Thanks.

Dave

I got one several years ago and I like it a lot. The seams are not double stitched. The shoulder and elbow pads work very well. After a while the elbow pads have started migrating towards my wrists but that's no problem. The vest sized liner works very well. I could use some more insulation for my arms though.

I'm not sure which you mean- could you post a link?

I have one of the Guzzi leather race jackets that they gave out to the Breva 750 early adopters (hey, my wife got the bike...all I got was this lousy jacket :drink: )

It's good quality- not quite as heavy as the '70s hein gerike stuff. The leather is a bit too soft for me, plus it's European design, so the buttons are on the wrong side. Minor complaints. It is tailored properly and fits me quite well. The seams are single stitch. The zippers are good quality.

I have one of the Guzzi leather race jackets that they gave out to the Breva 750 early adopters (hey, my wife got the bike...all I got was this lousy jacket :drink: )

It's good quality- not quite as heavy as the '70s hein gerike stuff. The leather is a bit too soft for me, plus it's European design, so the buttons are on the wrong side. Minor complaints. It is tailored properly and fits me quite well....

" it's a ladies jacket for ladies"

emily-florence-poster-01.jpg

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fja21VgEY8

>>Chinese knockoffs

True enough, but the quality of the materials in the two-piece suit I bought was far better than I was really expecting considering its very reasonable price ($425US, including shipping).

-Jack

I got one a while back. The guy advertised being from Canada and had in his ad that they would modify the jacket as needed if it did not fit, I just had to cover the return shipping. I emailed him my measurements and when I got the jacket the fit was awful. I was then told to get it altered I had to send it to Pakistan not Canada. The cost of shipping was about 150 ! I did get it there by USPS Economy (which they do not offer any more) for 56 bucks. It took a few months. When I got it back again it still did not fit. So I have a jacket for wall art. They would not refund the cost because it is supposed to be a custom made jacket. It had a XXL tag inside though. Even if they did agree to refund you money, you have to pay the shipping back to Pakistan, so in the end you pay 200 for the jacket, 50 for shipping, 150 return shipping just to get 200 back. I did ask Fed Ex why it was 50 bucks from Pakistan to the US but 150 from the US to Pakistan. They could not answer the question.

The jackets are not bad and look well made, their sizing just sucks.

I don't think mine was made in Pakistan, but I could be wrong, I suppose. There's no indication of the country of origin that I can find. There's a sewn-in label under the collar that says "Moto Guzzi 1921". Other than that- I got it from Guzzi as part of a bike deal, so wherever it was made, that's where they all were made.

BTW- mine is an XL, and I'm an L kind of guy. The nice thing about it is that the arms are long enough. I suppose Guzzi jackets are made for the same monkeys as ride the Guzzi bikes. :lol:

I think I'll pass despite the fact that I think its sharp looking. Shipping is pricey and I believe there is a customs charge as well. I can get just as good a jacket from NewEnough.com for about the same or a little more. Lately I have been looking at the Furygan stuff. There's some that I like but I'm afraid to ask how much.

Thanks.

Dave :bier:

Are we talking the factory race jacket or some cheap imitation. I bought the factory jacket two years ago and on first sight thought it was pretty poor leather, I changed my mind after sliding up the road in it, great jacket that gets better with use it's made in Romania

Is the liner on the REAL Guzzi jacket a vest or are the sleeves lined as well? Also, are the seams double stitched? My Joe Rocket boots were "Designed" in Italy and made in Romania. They were pretty good boots and protected me in a crash.

I have the factory race jacket, and crashed today. :angry: (Only injuries to me were a twisted ankle and a sore back. ATGATT!)

The jacket did very, very well. I went down at 50 mph and slid 50-75 feet. A little spot wore through on the top of the left shoulder, right by the seam. A few scuffs on the back and that's it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this jacket again.

The bike, didn't do so well. I'll start another thread on that tomorrow...

i've got a nice guzzi fabric pit type jacket, ''genuine guzzi product'' made in romania, [good quality] love it, won it at a guzzi club raffle, along with a genuine guzzi collared shirt, made in hungry, [good quality] oh and a genuine guzzi cap made in china, once again good quality, so i don't think it matters where its made. :thumbsup:

I have the factory race jacket, and crashed today. :angry: (Only injuries to me were a twisted ankle and a sore back. ATGATT!)

The jacket did very, very well. I went down at 50 mph and slid 50-75 feet. A little spot wore through on the top of the left shoulder, right by the seam. A few scuffs on the back and that's it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this jacket again.

The bike, didn't do so well. I'll start another thread on that tomorrow...

sorry to hear this slug, rest up now.