Linked brakes

cgalardi

No they are not linkwed. For a bike with Sporting pretensions they would be a disadvantage as you would cause fork dive when you didn't want it. :bike:

Thanks Russ!!!!

I pick up the 2002 Lemans Monday evening! New with full 2 year warranty! I can't wait.....is there a good thread to read on the board re: potential problem spots of which to be wary?

chris in omaha

Guest Thundering Subash

Welcome to the club Chris.

Just do some searching on the site and you'll find a ton of information. Just remember that individual bikes and year of bike vary quite a bit. It's nice to be buying an '02 now, though, as you can learn of the problems and solutions many others have experienced before you. I used to have a neighbor with a Chevy Truck one year older than mine. When I'd see him wrenching on it in his driveway I'd always go lend a hand and find out what went wrong. This group is kinda like that for me, and hopefully will be for you as well.

I've got an '02 Lemans and have only had a few problems thus far, with 3,000 miles on the odometer:

1. Wrong battery from the start, which caused a mulititude of electrical and starting problems. As the dealer did not have the Original Spec. Moto Guzzi battery on hand when I went to pick up my bike, they put a Yuasa in it. I had issues, the Yuasa was replaced with another Yuasa, and after a few days I continued to have the same issues. After insisting from the start that the originally specd. battery be ordered and put in, it finally came in, was installed, and the bike has been fine ever since. Trust me, the gel cell batteries are the way to go with these bikes.

2. Misc. loose bolts. Take the advice of others and check every nut and bolt you can get at and don't be afraid to use thread lock.

3. Significant oil leakage from the timing cover (front of motor). This problem will leave you stranded if you're on a long trip. For me, it started at about 1,800 miles, but for others I've heard it starting earlier. My dealer advised that this problem could have been avoided if the bolts had been properly torqued at the factory. My response was that if that is the case, it could have also been avoided by better dealer prep. (or by me being more diligent with checking bolts).

At any rate, enjoy your new bike and this site. In my opinion, they're both great!

-Chris