Ohlins rear shock for Daytona RS

zebulon

Hy ther does anyone already replace the WP rear shock of a Daytona RS by Ohlins one ? :luigi:

What reference did you put in this case ?

Nothing about this on the Ohlins website ! :doh:

Can't think of anyone who has actually done it. Mainly becase WP is considered a very high end manufacturer and the WP shock tends to work very very well. In what way does the current shock not perform to your satisfaction? You can revalve respring WP shocks if you wish I am assuming you have done you static sags etc and adjusted them to the recommended levels. There is also a remote preload adjustment retrofit for the WP shocks but you have to be in the ball park with your static sags. The main references to ohlins is with the bikes standard equipment is ohlins. WP makes more direct acting shocks than Ohlins anyway but to me its a pretty marginal exercise. If you really had money burning a hole in your pocket maybe you could upgrade the WP with a newer WP. At least WP will have a direct reference as to what to replace it with.

This is not on my bike but a very good friend of mine, i would like to sold one of mine and put a ohlins instead, that's all :luigi:

In fact after 45 000 km the WP is dead, leaking so slowly that it was not really visible and completly empty from oil ! :doh:

Surprising regarding some others i know with 90 000 km on a daytona rs or a centauro without any troubles.

I m thinking about ohlins that have a separate hydraulic preload adjuster. so much more easier to adjust than removing all the rear to modify it on the WP.