V11 Ti-Pipe ECU

Greg Field

Does anyone here have any data on what's different in the mapping and timing of the Ti-kit ECU vs. the stocker?

I think the differences were published here in a thread at some point in the past. Was it Dlaing in the TuneBoy thread? The maps are significantly leaner in some places & richer in others, but I don't recall there being any difference in the timing between the two maps. I may be hallucinating, but I'm pretty certain this was the case...

Maybe over at Guzzitech? I *know* this topic came up before & some hard numbers were put up, I just can't remember where/when... :huh2:

I once bought a TuneEdit promo pack from Wayne McDonald and he delivered a Ti-map with it as well as two other maps coming from some other V11. The Ti map looked sort of photoshoped compared to one of the other two, the second V11 standard map looked quite the same as the Ti did.

This was some years ago now, and I'm not sure what was what. I never really used the Tune Edit software, cause it was slow, it had and still has no option to change the O2, came without any usefull documentation and above all Wayne was not really willing to share his knowledge of how things work in these maps. You have an idle section e.g., but what is this for and so on.

In the ecu thread dave and I have posted different pictures of what the maps look.

Hubert

Don't remember, but also don't remember any surprises as "ah, look - that's the trick".

Always keep in mind, that probably all what's around here about the Ti-map is based on this first posting we've done. I never saw the map coming out of my ecu. If you get Wayne's software, the software only makes an image of the ecu, you have to send this to Wayne and he sends back another image to be downloaded to this one particular ecu. Next time you connect your ecu you'll get maps on the screen, but all the values seem to be transformed to fit the requirements of Tuneboy/TuneEdit.

Hubert