Ollins springs?

mark.gilmore

How's this,changing my springs out the other day to put 10kg rates in cause I'm a fat prick.Chucked the old ones on the work bench.Mr Forrest, from this forum, whom lives not far away, comes to check the show out and say's,gee those springs look different.Having never seen them on the bench @ the same time I stopped what I was doing :luigi: to have look. :pic: Sure looks like it I said. So we measure the suckers.One spring is 4.5mm thick, the other is 4.8mm.The latter being the size of the new ones.The new one's have numbers on them and the old one's don't.I've bought the bike with 4000km on the clock 3 years ago so I would assume they are original. Could someone get it this wrong?What's even worst I've been riding around on them for three years. :homer: WOOOO-does it handle good now. :bier:

Thank you for this forum.Mark :drink:

If my math is right that makes the 4.5mm spring ~7.7Kg

Happy riding :bier:

Here is the Fork Spring Info (from an Ohlins Fork Manual, but not the Scura manual...):

OEM spring rate

4745-95, 9,5 N/mm

Optional springs:

4745-75, 7.5 N/mm (marking -75). ( = 7.65Kg/mm which close to 7.7)

4745-80, 8.0 N/mm (marking -80).

4745-85, 8.5 N/mm (marking -85).

4745-90, 9.0 N/mm (marking -90).

4745-95, 9.5 N/mm (marking -95).

4745-10, 10.0 N/mm (marking -10).

4745-05, 10.5 N/mm (marking -05).

4745-11, 11.0 N/mm (marking -11).

Here is the Fork Spring Info (from an Ohlins Fork Manual, but not the Scura manual...):

I've put the figures into the thread where I've been collecting any bits of Ohlins data that I come across:

Ohlins figures thread