Rear Shock Options

Mr. Bean

Who said that??? :angry:

Me and Luigi are mates. You need one! Give me a PM :mg:

Ohlins in North America told my Ohlins dealer that this application is "no longer available." Maybe you can still get it in Europe?

But you'll have to ask Sven, not Luigi . . .

Randy, as of last week, I have exactly one year on my Wilbers 641 shock with 95 Nm spring & 5 mm over-stock length.
Hack, how did you decide on "5 mm over?" Also, what is your all up (leather clad) weight?

Anyone know if the V 11 shock has same eye to eye length as sport i / Centauro / Daytona shock?

TIA.

Hack, how did you decide on "5 mm over?" Also, what is your all up (leather clad) weight?

Anyone know if the V 11 shock has same eye to eye length as sport i / Centauro / Daytona shock?

TIA.

This thread has info on shock length.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...88&hl=shock

For Centauro, etc., look at the data on WP.

Ratchet and I got different measurements on the Sachs shock, so if someone could clear that up with accurate measurements, that would be appreciated.

But the answer to your question is that the Sachs is shorter and has less travel than the WP.

I tried to order a new WP from Lindemann, but he could not provide one for my bike, HyperPro and Wilbers would not do the dimensions I wanted, so I got a Penske and made it 2mm short of Ohlins' stroke.

More stroke is more better! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
had mine rebuilt by dps racing,new seals and a new end lug off an r6 as mine had a crack in it,easy to adjust (screwdriver) and back end feels so much better

Hi Griff,what sort of price do DPS charge for a rebuild? I have a dead one in the garage that went at 6000 miles...

I inquired about the Wilbers 641 and was told that the Hyperpro 461(Play on name like Ikon/Koni I guess) will be out soon. It will feature a larger rod(larger than both Wilbers and Ohlins), air bladder between oil and nitrogen, no floating piston to reduce stiction, high speed and low speed compression dampening on a remote resevoir, and feature a progressive spring. Since suspension upgrades are on my list this winter I have some time to figure it out. It looks like either the Hyperpro or Penske. :whistle:

Dave

I inquired about the Wilbers 641 and was told that the Hyperpro 461(Play on name like Ikon/Koni I guess) will be out soon. It will feature a larger rod(larger than both Wilbers and Ohlins), air bladder between oil and nitrogen, no floating piston to reduce stiction, high speed and low speed compression dampening on a remote resevoir, and feature a progressive spring. Since suspension upgrades are on my list this winter I have some time to figure it out. It looks like either the Hyperpro or Penske. :whistle:

Dave

I did some searching for a rear shock and discovered EPM Perfromance Imports who is the US importer of HyperPro and Wilbers. As it turns out they are an hour from my home in Northern NJ. I spoke with Klaus Huenecke (the owner) and he informed me that the older HyperPro was actullay made by Wilbers and has been discontinued.

After speaking with him I placed an order for the new HyperPro 3D shock model 461 for all the advantages you state. I also like the idea of progressive springs. We will be using my 2003 LM as the first fitment over the next few months. I will not be getting the remote ride height adjuster as my LM is set up for solo riding and light touring. I'll be upgrading the Marz fork to progressive springs as well.

I will keep the forum members posted on our progress. In the mean time EPM's URL is http://www.epmperf.com/ if anybody wants to check it out.

Guest ratchethack

Darius, FWIW, by my experience exchanging email with him, Klaus Huenecke is 100% reliable and trustworthy. Best wishes and keep us informed. :thumbsup:

I now feel compelled to state some facts based on the fact that I am *dealer* of EPM products to the Guzzi community. Darius recently hit me for pricing, in which upon direct reply from EPM on pricing to me, I was quoted a higher then retail price then Darius was direct. I hope this was due to the fact that he wll be taking his bike to EPM for development work.

On the upside, I suppose the group benefits from it.

Yet another reason to go a different direction, then to try and help this group I suppose. Sorry, that's how I feel. If anyone wants any info on anything GuzziTech.com, feel free to ping me direct. Arrivederci.

From now on, I will only be posting in regards to the MGNOC National in 2008 here in SoCal, which has had zero replies, BTW.

Yet another reason to go a different direction, then to try and help this group I suppose. Sorry, that's how I feel. If anyone wants any info on anything GuzziTech.com, feel free to ping me direct. Arrivederci.

From now on, I will only be posting in regards to the MGNOC National in 2008 here in SoCal, which has had zero replies, BTW.

Sounds like you got a little rue extract in your morning beverage of choice there, Todd! Sorry to hear it. If it's any consolation, I think anyone here in V11LM interested in the SoCal MGNOC rally in '08 is also plugged into the wildguzzi & Guzzitech forums anyway, so that may explain the lack of replies to your post here. I know I'd like to go, but it's entirely dependent upon whether my mom's failing health improves & my live-in gf (who's been largely unemployed the last 2 years) is still in the picture & working or not. Otherwise, Skeeve is a very dull boy [ie, "all work & no play."] Meantime, I follow your posts here, there [wildguzzi] & everywhere [Guzzitech/MGGriso/whatever website name di giorno you're nailing down], as your support of the Guzzi community is fabled. & oh, BTW, what's up on the Supermoto front? You can post that info too, even tho' it's not strictly Guzzi related, as I'm sure a lot of people are interested in what else is going on in the moto-world that's isn't necessarily taken over by big money yet like MotoGP & Supercross.

Ride on!

:race: