Instructions MG TI-set

v11cafe

I bought a set of Guzzi Ti pipes 02+ and there are no instructions included.

Can somebody post/upload /attach it ???

Guzzi manual for v11 cafe sport says 3.8 degrees +/- 0.1 degree TPS, but I read in another topic that the instructions coming with the Ti- set say 2.9 degrees +/- 0.1 degree for bikes with front crossover.

The instructions for the later bikes indicate a TPS setting of 2.9 degrees +/- 0.1 (465 mv +/- 5mv). For the earlier bikes a TPS setting of 3.8 +/- 0.1 is recommended. A copy of the English version of the instructions for Model years 2002 and beyond is attached. I have a 2004 V11 Sport, with the front crossover, and these settings work for me.

Jim

Well, it looks like my attachment did not attach, so here's what the instructions say:

THROTTLE BODY SETTING PROCEDURE

Engine Not Running But Key On

- Connect PC with MDST (diagnosis program) and vacumeter

- Disconnect the stick from the right throttle body

- Tune (on right throttle body) the throttle potentiometer till you reach 2.9 +/- 0.1 (465 mv +/- 5 mv)

- BEFORE DISCONNECTING THE POTENTIOMETER TURN KEY OFF

TURN ON ENGINE (ENGINE TEMPERATURE MUST REACH MINIMUM 50 DEGREES C)

- Tune left cylinder vacuum equal to right one with the tuning screw (not the bypass one) with the connecting stick disconnected

- CLOSE COMPLETELY BY-PASS SCREWS

- Connect the throttle connecting stick, then verify that out of idle condition (2000/3000 rpm) vacuum in the two cylinders is equal, and in case tune the stick screw to equalize it.

- DISCONNECT VACUUMETER (IMPORTANT)

- FROM THIS POINT ON THE ENGINE TEMPERATURE MUST BE WITHIN 70 TO 80 DEGREES C (KEEP THE ENGINE RUNNING AT LEAST 3 MINUTES BEFORE CHECKING "CO" VALUE)

- Tune by "By-Pass Screws" idle condition at 1100 +/- 50 rpm

- Regolare, tramite Trim di centralina, il CO del cilintro di sinistra al valore di 4% +/- 0,5.

- NOTE: The Trim value can have any value that allows it to achieve the wished CO

- Tune, by ECU Trim, left cylinder CO at 4% value

NOTE THE FOLLOWING STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT

- Verify the Right cylinder CO value is similar (+/- 0.2) to left one, otherwise tune it by right By-Pass screw.

Is the 2.9 degrees for the kit ECM and the factory ECM?

(crossover models)

Based on my experience, yes. My 2004 V11 Sport, in stock form, ran very well with the TPS set at 2.9 degrees (in fact this was the setting that came from the factory).

Jim