Need help

lavrgs

My neutral light is not working. I took out the switch and get continuity when the plunger is open and when it's engaged it's open. So based on that I think it's working , now I want to check the bulbs and the three allen head screws on the dash look like they're stripped. I went to a dealer today and he lossened them on one of his bikes so I know they should back out. Before I go too crazy I want to confirm that I get to the bulbs from the front and then find out what it is that holds the dash on the inside. Any clever ways to get those screws out? I don't have enough room around them to grab them with needlenose.... :bbblll:

MG_Part_needed.jpgOk I got it...I had to get in from the back. What I found was that the Lens holder had at some point had loctite applied to the inserts and the plastic had been ripped apart when prior owners had tried to get in there.

I'm gong to try and add an image here showing Item 31 - I need one anyone have any instrument panels for parts?

The nuts (if one may call them so) of these screws are embedded in the plastic body holding the lamps together. Even the slightest idea of a torque usually causes the plastic body to crack, leaving the nuts on the screws with nothing to hold them.

You need to work "from bellow". I suggest you remove speedo cable and two screws holding the tach/speedo unit to your bike, flip it upside down, remove the speedo/tacho screws holding the plastic cup, and remove the cup. This way you can use a pair of pliers to hold the nuts in question, and back the screws out.

The lamp body is of very poor quality plastic. Expect that the new one will not last too long either.