Good bye baby

Guest Aaron Bard

Guest Aaron Bard

My absolutely perfect all stock 2004 Lemans will be going on eBay Oct 17 2007 at 8:00 AM PST. Pictures are in the classified section. This is very sad but at least someone else will know the pleasure of the Guzzi.

My wife and I have one son still living with us- he is 8. She won't ride with me until he is through high school, as she doesn't think it would be right to make an adopted child an orphan. I can't argue with that. They both understand that I will continue to ride, but I have been riding since long before we met and won't change now. I am, however, very well insured so they won't have to worry financially should I bite it.

Do I feel any guilt? Maybe a little, but I spend most of my working day on the road and the odds of me pushing daisies from an accident are much higher in my job than on my rides. I do worry a bit more when I ride for work, though, as the exposure to risk is much greater.

Life is about risk, and what you are willing to accept. When you are married, it is about what your spouse is willing to accept as well. Just get a commitment that once the kids are old enough to become functional adults without you, a new bike is in the picture. The world is full of widows of very careful spouses who took little risk in life so they could "be there for their children" and died anyway.

Life is for living.

My absolutely perfect all stock 2004 Lemans will be going on eBay Oct 17 2007 at 8:00 AM PST. Pictures are in the classified section. This is very sad but at least someone else will know the pleasure of the Guzzi.

Remember too guys, Aaron is the guy who came up with and had produced the cross over shims. Hey Aaron, will you willing be able to do a run of shims in the future if there is enough demand?

I understand the family thing - for me I am of the same mind as Garsdad, with 2 girls (8+5). The riding in my neck of the woods has a lower risk potential than DC/Balto. so I understand and respect your choice. Best of luck.

You can always get back to some serious riding in the future. When my 4 kids were small my wife and I stopped taking MC trips and sold my new bike for a beat up Triumph Bonneville project. I went through it and rode it around on just short blasts. As my 2 boys got older we began buying, fixing and riding dirt bikes (which we still do) and now with the youngest in high school my wife has her license and we he 11 bikes in the garage!

My wife asked me to do the same thing. Kids are not the issue. She doesn't understand why I need two of them. So, I've been trying to sell one for the past 6 months. I still have the two and she is not pushing. Eventually, though...

What was the final bid, if I may ask?

Guest Aaron Bard

What was the final bid, if I may ask?

I ultimately sold the bike for $6500. I probably could have gotten more in the spring but I didn't want to drag this painful process out any longer then necessary.