Guzzi Ti Exhaust

Guest scottd132

Guest carlomoto

Scott:

I was talking to my dealer about these. I've been thinking about Leo Vince because they sound throaty and sexy.

How do these new MG pipes sound?

Any problems with the EPROM that comes with 'em?

Guest scottd132

The guzzi Ti system sounds very nice, the sound is deep and throaty, no tinny sound. The ECU that comes with the system is very different than the stock ECU. Terry at MGNA has told me that both the fuel map and timing map have been changed for the system. I have installed and setup the stock ECU with the pipes while troubleshooting another problem and it was dramatic, the difference.

The bike runs superb, the torque curve is very flat and it pulls well past the old redline. They must have changed the rev limiter on the ECU as my bike pulls up well past 8K now.

I had big problems initially but it was a dealer error in setting the TPS and they could not find it for months (they set the TPS with the fast idle cam holding the throttle bodies open when they were supposed to be fully closed). I actually had to get MGNA involved, But that is another story.

As the bike sets now I am going to open the valve clearance a bit, to help the stumble at idle and have the output shaft seal replaced again as it is leaking again.

I also just installed a set of CRG hindsight mirrors on Aprilla bar end weights that I machined down and color matched to the red on the bike. The mirrors work soooo good. You can see everyone behind and next to you.

I could only be happier if I installed a cam, high comp. pistons, Carillo rods and balanced the bottom end, added a air filter kit, crossover and PCIII to compensate for all the changes, and then had it dyno'd.

Or ride it cause it is now working and looking great!

Or get the MGS0!!!! :wub:

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

I am running the Guzzi Ti pipes (w/ new ECU), K&N pods, and a custom-mapped PC-III. I have dyno runs and about 1000 miles of seat time with the setup.

Here are my observations:

1. LOOKS. Superb (see pics this thread and my previous postings). Only weak point is hanger straps, which I will replace as soon as I locate a replacement. I have (deliberatively) polished away most of the gold patina on th headers/x-over to improve the visual match with the Ti.

2. FIT. Excellent with stock x-over. Impossible with Stucci (which is optimised for pre-'03 bikes). Note that "high mounting" does not affect pillion peg position much, but does limit luggage choices considerably.

3. SOUND. An 11. Not for the squeamish, but deep tone sooths high decibel count (and the soul). Gets a bit louder over time. These *are* race cans after all....

4. PERFORMANCE (before PC-III). Again excellent. Idles like a clock, clean throttle response, decent measured A/F ratio throughout (12.8-13.3). Both power and torque up slightly throughout the range (P=82, T=62 at peak). Torque curve *much* flatter -- dip at 4500 RPM gone. Pulls high gears cleanly (if slowly) from 2K RPM.

5. PC-III PERFORMANCE. Objectively, peak HP and torque down about 2. Subjectively, noticable improvement. A/F ratio rock-solid at 13.1. Uniform crisp throttle feel, esp. in mid-range. Loss of peak power noticable, but not worrisome given other improvements. In summary, I would consider the PC-III to be a highly desirable (but not essential) addition to the new ECU. (Note: Todd has the custom map, saving $$$ for future buyers.)

Hope this helps....

Bob

Bob, If you want to maximize your peak HP you probably only need to bring the peak map numbers closer to 0,

Todd could give you a good idea what would work.

Can you or Todd post the graph?

Bob and Scott, Very nice looking mufflers!