Is it worth changing the ECU chip on it's own...?

Guest Gavin

It's a CCM 644 Supermoto, one of the very few specific supermoto's they made just prior to going to the wall (since bought out by the son/family of old man Clews himself). Basically it's a bit more hardcore than the R30 (no emission kit, bloody loud free flow pipe, modded airbox & fliter + dyno set-up carb's ) and with bodywork thats somewhere between the R30 and the Dual Sport.

It's very loud and pokey with razor sharp handling - crap really as transport but fantastic fun!!

Sweet. Makes me feel pedestrian with my DRZ-SM(tho it does have most of the standard engine mods, big bore, carb, TI pipe,etc).

I do plan on getting a more extreme SuMo, but the reliability of the Suzuki, even with all the mods, just warms my Guzzi lovin' heart.

Thanks for all the info guys, also had a chat with 'Raceco' and their advice was not to do it - little noticable gain with possible changes that I might not like in other areas of the performance curve.

So my decision is...................................do nothing as I'm very happy with the way it drives and its overall performance, I'm just being picky about the lack of pickup at the 4000 mark.

As for the joy of fiddling and modding I'll leave that for my Supermoto and my Alfa Romeo, its kinda nice having an apparantly reliable Guzzi compared to my last jinxed one (now desperately touching all the wood I can find!!!!).

Gavin

What you could do is install a Stucchi crossover with the stock mufflers. Others and I have done this with great success in solving the 4000 rpm flat spot. Make sure you get the throttle bodies balanced and TPS set up to specs as well. Worked wonders for me! Joe