High Flow air filter

Guest chong-chong

Guest chong-chong

I have a V11 Tenni with a power commander, Stucci crossover, and Fast By Ferracci mufflers. :wub: I was thinking about getting the FBF reusable high flow air filter kit. But, I'm concerned with messing up the air/gas mixture. Will my bike's computer or power commander compensate for the change in air flow? Will I have to get a different "map" for the power comander? And, with increased performance in mind...is it worth it? :huh2:

Go for it! You will get more power. But you will need a Power Commander or other mapping solution if you want it to run well.

If you are low on money, I would get the power commander before the air box kit, as the benefits are much greater.

Oooops! I swear I read that three times! :doh:

Then the remapping should be no big deal.

If you were previously tuning linked you probably just have to enrichen a little.

If not, I am sure someone has a map for Stucchi, aftermarket muffler, and open air box.

In fact check out Salomon M's Map (not yet available) http://www.guzzitech.com/PCIII-Maps.html

PS the aftermarket air box kit is fairly LOUD.

My V11S currently has a PCIII, Mistral alloy mufflers and a K&N filter with airbox lid removed. Great combination. Well behaved and excellent drivability and fat mid range power with a good top rush to enjoy as well. Best of all worlds. Go for it!

After adding an open lid mode my bike experienced a significant leaning out across entire rev range.

In my particular case that was a blessing since my bike was too rich everywhere. But in few spots it turned out to become too lean and needed some careful adjustments.

I think, generally, you should not open your airbox without having PC and being able to adjust.

The increased noise is welcomed and pleasant for me; I am not so sure about increase in power.

My V11S currently has a PCIII, Mistral alloy mufflers and a K&N filter with airbox lid removed. Great combination. Well behaved and excellent drivability and fat mid range power with a good top rush to enjoy as well. Best of all worlds. Go for it!

:bike: I added the Mistral crossover which did nothing(?) for low and midrange but gave the bike a kick in the ass on top end :D

These mods also make my bike idle a lot better. Tight cornered roads are a treat now. Shifting is optional :mg::D

I can't help wondering if a Mistral cross over would help my bike even more. I have the stock cross over now. But with no disposable income, I just have to enjoy it as it is.

I've been commuting to welding school on the bike this week since class started. 200 miles in the last week just going to school! Bike runs like a dream!

Guest twogeese

My bike is in the shop waiting to have a BMC air filter and open airbox kit installed and then it will have a dyno done. I have Mistral pipes/stucci x-over and a power commander. I will let you know what kind of response I get and try and make the map availible here and send a copy to Todd Eagen as well.

Guest chong-chong

Sounds great. Looks like you have the same mods on your bike that I have (except different mufflers). I'm very interested in your observations and dyno results once you get the filter installed. :thumbsup: