First in Arizona

coz1100

Took a trip over to San Diego last weekend to visit an old navy buddy. On the return trip I noticed that the bend in the frame (crashed at the begining of the year) was getting worse, then I found out my turn signals went out. Shortly after that the tail light went out. With this going though my mind I start think all the other things I need to do to it. The bike was in need of some major down time. Unfortunitly its my only mode of transportation.

Swung down to the guzzi shop this morning. There low and behold is a new 1200 Sport. I'll post pics of my new bike tomorrow with a ride report.

Ciao

Z

Guest ratchethack

Well, you had a nice opportunity to see how we start to come out of the worst distaster in State history... :huh:

Now this is just me, but if you're riding with a bent frame, turn signals ain't exactly your first Guzzi priority, my friend.

Let alone ride it whle noticing it's getting worse?! :homer:

You're an accident waiting to happen, my friend! :o

It's your only transportation? I'd find anything else until you get this resolved, but that's just me. . . :huh2:

Got a bicycle? skateboard? :huh2:

Oh -- a new Guzzi. That'll do. :mg:

What in God's green earth has this got to do with Arizona? I read your post and can find no association whatsoever. Maybe I'm just slow today. :o

Kinda seems like maybe one of your other bikes without all the troubles might be a better bet than the V11 Le Mans at this point. :huh2:

I'm guessing that he's trying to say that he's buying the first 1200 sport in Arizona. My local dealer has one too.

Swung down to the guzzi shop this morning. There low and behold is a new 1200 Sport. I'll post pics of my new bike tomorrow with a ride report.

Ciao

Z

Way cool. There's one at GP here in San Diego. FWIW - GP hadn't floored Moto Guzzis for a couple of years. Now both a Norge and a Sport are on display. I didn't like the Sport from the pictures, but I liked it a lot in person - better than the Norge. It's a little porky pulling it up off the side stand, but I hear once under way it sheds its weight nicely. Good looking machine. I'd take it over a Norge for sport touring.

Looking forward to your ride report. Send out a shout next time you head out this way.

Took a trip over to San Diego last weekend to visit an old navy buddy. On the return trip I noticed that the bend in the frame (crashed at the begining of the year) was getting worse, then I found out my turn signals went out. Shortly after that the tail light went out. With this going though my mind I start think all the other things I need to do to it. The bike was in need of some major down time. Unfortunitly its my only mode of transportation.

Ciao

Z

I'm with Ratchethack on this on Coz1100. I've done the bent V11 Sport frame bit and you're dancing with danger. Find a replacement frame and fix the turn signals while you're swapping the parts over to the "new" frame.

:lol::lol::lol: I guess I should go a little more in depth to the story.

Yes I do live in Arizona, more specificly phoenix. The bent frame was nothing more then a small tweak untill some little old lady was nice enough to run me off the road a few weeks ago. Then it started to go south quick. I hadn't relized how far it had got till I got to san diego and then everything else started to go wrong.

Have no fears though, it will all be fixed. The frame will be replaced and in the proccess of the frame swap all the other projects will be come together. I guess this could be called the "Winter" project :lol:

Also Carl, I've see the job you did on that frame swap when you son brought the bike in for emisions. You did a hell of job on that thing :thumbsup:

Maybe if I'm luck a few performance bits will make their way into the rebuild.

Ciao

Z

Now this is just me, but if you're riding with a bent frame, turn signals ain't exactly your first Guzzi priority, my friend.

Let alone ride it whle noticing it's getting worse?! :homer:

You're an accident waiting to happen, my friend! :o

That got my attention, too. Bent frames don't "get worse" generally. A cracked one probably will - until it fails catastrophically. From the limited description, I get the impression that there is something wrong with the spine of your bike, which is getting worse.

You need to stop using it, now. Or, preferably, sooner.