Say hello to Lilith

coz1100

I was going to wait till I got a pic of the bike but that dosn't look like its about to happen.

First and for most the fit and finish of this bike is wonderfull. Its great to see how far guzzi has come in the last few years. This bike beautifull. :thumbsup:

When you stand the bike up it fells real top heavey and takes a bit umph to get up. This might just be that I'm only 5'7" with a 30" inseem. It really feels like it has been laid out for a slightly taller person. Starting is made simple with the now standard "push-and-forget" starter. The bike does a little shimmy-shake and comes a live smoothly. Raise the kick stand puts in place for the front of the left foot to rest on (it takes some gettin use to but makes the stand easy to find.) Click it into first and away you go.

The clutch still feels the same both in and out. Oh and the Transmission. This is in my mind one guzzis greatest improvments. Not fuss, no hassel. You push the lever up or down and it just slids happily from on gear to the next taking about as much consintration as it does to turn on the sink.

The engine is smooth and full of hoodlum fun. So far its managed to handle around town traffic needs including the interstates around phoenix and still stay around 4000 rpms. Slow roll ons reward you with enough boost to roll by most people in the slow lane. Hard roll ons though is where this bike really comes alive. Just as an exparament I started to roll out from a stop light at normale speeds and then wacked the throttle half open. The front wheel will come up on you if you do this. :D When you do this at speeds the bike revs right up and things start to go flying by. It's REALLY fun :P

The suspentions good. It sucks up bumps and ruts and keeps the wheels hugging the ground. Some of the roads that my V11 would bounce and hop around on the 1200 sport glids over with just a few hiccup. The guages used on the new guzzis have all kinds of neat little thing. You can change it to display run time since the last trip to average MPG, to current MPG. The last one I think is a bit optomistic in my mind. It keeps telling me on the highway that I'm running at 67 MPG. I just put my first tank in it and 5 gal in at 187 miles. Worked out to about 37 mpg. The Average MPG reading though was faily close.

On the down side the foot pegs are kinda funny. I normaly rode the v11 with the balls of the foot on the peg. If you do this you'll end up with your heels on the passanger pegs and feet rotated in slightly. It's kinda funcky. If by chance anyone knows a way to replace the whole bracket I would be vary thankfull.

I will keep you all informed on how this bike developes.

Ciao

Z

Sounds good. Nice to hear about the generational change in fit&finish& operability as experienced by an owner.