who has the most miles?

richard100t

I'm curious to know who here has the highest mileage v11? Now that some of our bikes are approaching 8 or 9 years old there should be some seasoned road warriors out there. Maybe we should have some sort of contest to see who hits the 100k mile marker first. How about a marker in the avatar for certain mileage markers? My bike just turned the 24k mile mark recently so I'm not really in the running to win anything.

53,909 miles. Nose2wind is always nosin' me out though . . . <_>

You need to post more and ride less, so I can keep up with you.

A bit over 40,000 miles, with more than half of it done on Sundays.

If everyday was Sunday, I would have well over 100,000 miles. :) But a lot more debt. :(

What I really want to know is who has posted the most emoticons :grin:

Or better yet, who has posted the fewest emoticons per post :bier:

I may be in the running for the former; definitely not the latter!

I do know that there's a fairly low limit (5? 8?) for the number of emoticons allowed per post; I know this 'cause I keep banging off the limit & having to go back & edit! :grin:

Ride on!

:mg:

Do we get to count the miles not indicated due to speedo/speedo drive repair.

If so I have about 55,000 real miles.

No commuting miles.

You get the record with an asterisk, kind of like Barry Bonds' home run record.

Meanwhile I am out to the garage to turn the speedo drive with a power drill. :whistle:

I put just under 57,000 miles on my Sport 1100i in the first two years I had it (purchased June 2, 1998). Then I parked it (still parked, but soon, very soon...). 29,000 miles on my 2001 V11 Sport TT in the 1.5 years I had it before it got totalled in September of 2003 and about 2000 miles on it after that, 4000 miles on a V65C during that same period when both bikes were out of commission (including my 97 California). The California ultimately had about 32,000 miles of mine on it when I sold it this year and only a bit under 8,000 miles on my Norge to this point because I haven't ridden hardly at all since I bought it December 8th of last year. Somewhere in there I've put a lousy 2200 km on my Ural. I have a new job now (started October 29th) and have been commuting the 42 miles to work and then back on the Norge every day except one. That should start adding miles to that puppy real quick. I've a ways to go to get 100,000 miles on any particular bike though.

l hate to admit it, but l'll never be a high miler on :wub: Tenni #125 as l'm a weekend/fair weather rider at best.

l've only got 9500 miles on her so far, if l had placed a bet going into this l'd have bet on someone like Orson (lucky bugger has a Tenni, AND has got to ride all over Europe sending us great pics and tales of his trips that l can only dream about) or maybe Martin who rides his V11 in all weather and seasons ...

:bier:

Cheers

Van