tekno bags

kevdog3019

Bought the bags, they are used but in good condition. Having some trouble mounting the brackets however, there may be a spacer or two missing from the package. I will probably modify the brackets to fit right. Otherwise the bags are pretty nice, but a lot smaller than they look in the picture, tho smaller may be better on the v11 what with the muffler so high.

John

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NotRight
Bought the bags, they are used but in good condition. Having some trouble mounting the brackets however, there may be a spacer or two missing from the package. I will probably modify the brackets to fit right. Otherwise the bags are pretty nice, but a lot smaller than they look in the picture, tho smaller may be better on the v11 what with the muffler so high.

John

Let me know how you go. I too bought used Teckno bags for my 04 cafe sport and stupidly attempted to fit them an hour before dusk in a garage lit with an original Edison bulb.

I have not tried again but a potentially useful tip was to NOT use the long spacer on the right side at all. I have Staintunes and that doesn't change the bolt position I guess but I could see my angry face more easily in the polished stainless steel even in marginal lighting conditions.

There seems to be something different that may have to do with the wider rear tyre on the later bikes as even my stock mufflers were "uneven" and I think the passenger peg / muffler bracket is kicked out more.

The brackets that came with my used bags had no spacers or hardware at all. Not to mention the bracket is way off as well, perhaps for an earlier version. But I will attempt modifying the bracket and post how it turns out. First I have to learn how to weld and borrow a welder!

John