OEM Parts Search

tmcafe

Encouraged by previous posts, like dlaing's How to Crash, or such titles like "tip over valve", I thought I'd share the latest on my bike... :( After having done my first oil change with lots of TLC and good info gathered here... :nerd: So, before I ask for more info: this morning I was leaving a bit in a rush (as usual), and after a block or two I turned left on a one-way. Green light, no cross traffic, I rolled a bit more and leaned accordingly--enough for my cold tires :homer: (like I didn't know it was freezing cold, probably around 30) help me low-side very elegantly. No traffic fortunately, and a nice guy nearby came to help me pick up it up while complimenting the bike/brand. Results, from top to bottom: ground fin guard (it works!); partially ground & torn rubber plug cap (fin guard could work better!); ground side stand joint; dinted, scuffed muffler and slightly bent attachment plate (for pipe). Oh, I forgot (although I'm not sure if it's from top down or the other way around): me, feeling like :blush::homer: .... insert favorite word for known feeling.

Now where in the world can I find:

- fin guard

- orange/red plug cap/cord

- sidestand

- muffler

Okay, I can liquid-tape the rubber plug cap, since it's got a tear/opening. And the sidestand may wait, as well as the muffler. But MG Cycle where I ordered a thermo dipstick (mine is plastic :angry: ) didn't have the fin guard... welcome to Guzziland.

Tips? (no, I don't like the word!; "suggestions" sounds better). Thanks!

Almost all that stuff is on Ebay probably right this moment. Customehead guards, better than stock plug wires, aftermarket exhaust...use one of our fine sponsors..ditto the sidestand
Thanks Richard. Actually since I got the bike I put a search favorite on ebay in case something shows up for V11 (luggage racks, tankbags, etc). Not much so far. I could go for the aftermarket guards and plug wires if they're better. Just checked MPH to see what they have in stock. I'll have to email them.

Actually you could just get all that stuff from mph. They should have it all, & if they dont they can tell you where to get it. I've dealt with them before & they are top notch.
Thanks, I've heard only good things about MPH. I may still check with them to see what they have that I can't find. In the meantime :) I found out that I can get a nearly new muffler, billet alu fin guards, plug wires and sidestand (this last one next week) from Moto in Seattle--that's where I got the bike and they're great, and within short distance, at least by the West standards. I just didn't know what parts they have since there's no catalogue on their site.

I'd suggest you give Greg a call at MI in Seattle. I bought my Cafe Sport from them this past summer and they have a nice set of aftermarket cylinder guards that I got at time of sale. About $55 as I recall. Their number is 800-949-6686.

Thanks Woody, that's exactly what I did, and Greg had everything, except for the sidestand that should be in next week. Cheers, tm :thumbsup:

I'd suggest you give Greg a call at MI in Seattle. I bought my Cafe Sport from them this past summer and they have a nice set of aftermarket cylinder guards that I got at time of sale. About $55 as I recall. Their number is 800-949-6686.

Reading your post felt like deja vu. I had the same low side on the right you did with damage to the head guard, broken toe pin on rear brake lever, scraped pipe, scraped front brake lever and a little scraping on the exhaust clamp as well. Probably a couple hundred bucks of damage. As much as I've wanted to get a set of M4 carbon fiber exhausts I'm glad I didn't. I be crying right now.

I too learned my lesson about cold tires!

Reading your post felt like deja vu. I had the same low side on the right you did with damage to the head guard, broken toe pin on rear brake lever, scraped pipe, scraped front brake lever and a little scraping on the exhaust clamp as well. Probably a couple hundred bucks of damage. As much as I've wanted to get a set of M4 carbon fiber exhausts I'm glad I didn't. I be crying right now.

I too learned my lesson about cold tires!

I guess we all know the lesson--in theory, that is, until we learn it first hand :o . On the plus side, looks like neither of us had to learn it at high speed and in heavy traffic. :rolleyes: Plus you won't have to worry too much about icy roads in DFW ;)