misting

rac

hi all

poor bike has done 4 days of winter already showing few gremlins ,rev counter misted up tonight coming home ,hit a false neutral being to gentle changing up, 5th to 6th . noticed the vibes though the bars at about 4 to 5 thou . apart from that great bike , ready for some new tyres in the next few weeks . :thumbsup:

hi all

poor bike has done 4 days of winter already showing few gremlins ,rev counter misted up tonight coming home ,hit a false neutral being to gentle changing up, 5th to 6th . noticed the vibes though the bars at about 4 to 5 thou . apart from that great bike , ready for some new tyres in the next few weeks . :thumbsup:

1) Tachs in the UK seem to do this more. I dunno why :rolleyes:

2) Clean and tighten the shift linkage; consider Redline Shockproof gearbox oil.

3)Agood tune up works miracles on these bikes. See the pinned thread on TPS above. That said, the vibes under 4500 have really started to bother my hands. More and more I'm riding at 5000 rpm; the bike seems happier and my hands are , too.

hi all

one week has passed ,poor bike has been wet twice already , it has never seen rain by the looks of it in 4 years , if fact it has only 3200 miles on it ,4600 now ,400 this week burning to work and a few spins . the linkage i oiled 1st day i got it ,to light footed for my own good . poor old blighty is a bit dismal for a month or two now ,rain and more rain . next clean for the bike is april ,emmm . it is lagged in oil now , motor 20/50 ,not the thin type ,it is a extremely salt environment where i live ,few hundred yrds to the beach , has its downfalls ,(RUST). another trick waxoyl in a tin. rust inhibitor ,nasty sticky poo poo ,but it works . nightmare to get off .anyway nuff of this banter , thanks .. rac :thumbsup: