Speedo Drive Ratio

VR6Dave

Anyone have a clue as to the drive ratio on the ITI speedometer used on a '04 Ballabio? I was looking at some speedos on ebay and thought if I could match the ratio I could swap the faces and install a new speedo. Then fix my old one properly. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Dave

Anyone have a clue as to the drive ratio on the ITI speedometer used on a '04 Ballabio? I was looking at some speedos on ebay and thought if I could match the ratio I could swap the faces and install a new speedo. Then fix my old one properly. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Dave

A Sigma electronic bicycle speedometer can be purchased for under $30. It installs easily. Calibration is a simple matter of programming in how many mm the wheel travels in one rotation. Battery powered, no electrical hookup, backlight goes on for several seconds when you push one of its buttons. ODO, trip ODO, trip time, average speed, max speed, etc.

The battery is said to be good for a couple of years, and is available off the shelf. I love it! It is also as accurate as the mm you put in, whereas my Guzzi speedo is 8% optimistic. It is claimed to be good up to 300 km/hour. I have had it up to 90 mph and it works. That's the fastest I have gone so far. If you go that route and need some advice on how to mount it, I can send you some pictures. I had my speedo cable replaced with the new version, but I'm leaving the Sigma on anyway, for its accuracy and extra information.

There are even cheaper models available from Sigma, with less features, but $30 ain't bad.

Other brands are available, but may have lower speed limits than the Sigma.