Racing paint scheme question

jcbooghs

If MG should have an official race team! Which paint scheme should the bikes have?

I do like the white & red Guzzi racers (Dr John's Daytona, Guaro's MGS01, ...) very much. Tenni lovers will have complete other thaughts.

As I really want to repaint my bike after all those years, I'm a bit confused.

If MG should have an official race team! Which paint scheme should the bikes have?

I do like the white & red Guzzi racers (Dr John's Daytona, Guaro's MGS01, ...) very much. Tenni lovers will have complete other thaughts.

As I really want to repaint my bike after all those years, I'm a bit confused.

A tricky one eh? I too like the reds, but love the v8 greens... I painted up some fairings in a v8 like green for the race bike and they looked great - but some folks would HATE them... The bike ended up black for the season (to match the sponsers colour scheme).... the MGS01 will be raw carbon or painted satin black for 2008 !!

I am going to get my Daytona painted up in v8 green for the rebuild.

some folks will think ... :thumbsup:

others.... :vomit:

post-5788-1195491598_thumb.jpg

post-5788-1195491610_thumb.jpg

when green, then no gloss paint. But the green is bound to the fiftys/sixtys for me, not with modern bikes.

Red is a color Guzzi used from early to now, in different nuances.

The coppa america mgs01 is fun from uglyness, but no way I would paint my bike that way.

I would consider orange.

this is what I connect to green:

DSC01658.JPG

A tricky one eh? I too like the reds, but love the v8 greens... I painted up some fairings in a v8 like green for the race bike and they looked great - but some folks would HATE them... The bike ended up black for the season (to match the sponsers colour scheme).... the MGS01 will be raw carbon or painted satin black for 2008 !!

I am going to get my Daytona painted up in v8 green for the rebuild.

some folks will think ... :thumbsup:

others.... :vomit:

Nice solo tail in that photo attachment...

Where'd ya get it ???

Nice solo tail in that photo attachment...

Where'd ya get it ???

Hello !

I made it....

I bought a damaged 1100sport seat unit from ebay, then took a mask of the pillion seat, then melded the mask into the seat unit and just spent some time prepping it.... once painted it looked like a factory item !!

Cheers

Gyles, your green matches very much to the original! I've seen many others :unsure: So, great job!

But like Paul says, it's really 50's. Not that this is wrong, anyway. But the green is, in my humble opinion, lacking of 'speed'. It's a very 'static' color. Just like black.

I like the bike in black... when it is standing on the paddock, glittering in the sun. Very georgious, as Pille says, but when I see pictures taken on the track I see a whole other thing. It's missing 'speed'

(I could ride a little harder, maybe that would improve the view! haha)

Orange, Paul? Why orange? It makes the bike even bigger! I don't think that's nice for a racingbike. You want to keep her looking small and fast, mean and hungry!

No, I think I'd prefer the national racing-colors. I like these ones a lot:

drjdaytonacg2.jpg

botru7.jpg

This was how my very own Le Mans looked like back in 1992:

scan057cs4.jpg

I even like the Coppa America which is very based on the previous, isn't it?

Or maybe I just keep her in black. As I read on the official MG site: 'the legendary Guzzi black' I don't have a clue where that 'legendary' comes from!

My guzzilla racing project paint scheme is black & red :oldgit:

My first paint scheme for supertwin was not so bad for racing schem black & gray, could be gray & blue, green & white etc ...

super4v_18.jpg

Good to see all the suggestions you guys come up with :thumbsup:

if you want some inspiration then look here

Best regards

S