Another Question About Bar Risers

Guest gordon m

Guest gordon m

Anyone aware of a manufacturer of bar risers which would fit like a spacer between the existing handlebar/clamp and the top of the forks on my 2003 V11 Lemans? I have the MPH risers which give a lift of 2.25" but would like a bit more rise. Thanks Gordon M.

Anyone aware of a manufacturer of bar risers which would fit like a spacer between the existing handlebar/clamp and the top of the forks on my 2003 V11 Lemans? I have the MPH risers which give a lift of 2.25" but would like a bit more rise. Thanks Gordon M.

Hello Gordon & welcome.

I don't know of any taller risers but also have the MPH units on my LeMans. Will you have clearance for something taller without your master cylinder reservoirs hitting the fairing? With mine mounted up & back and the reservoirs mounted so they are lower and more to the inside, I'm about at the limit of how high the controls can be without contacting the fairing.

Guest gordon m
Hello Gordon & welcome.

I don't know of any taller risers but also have the MPH units on my LeMans. Will you have clearance for something taller without your master cylinder reservoirs hitting the fairing? With mine mounted up & back and the reservoirs mounted so they are lower and more to the inside, I'm about at the limit of how high the controls can be without contacting the fairing.

Mike Haven at MPH expressed the same concern. However, I believe that I can pivot the bars back toward me and lower them enough to clear the fairing. I would reduce my reach and retain the same height

Don't know about spacers under the bar risers, but in the dirt bike world they have spacers that fit right under the bar in the riser clamp. These are used both to adapt to a larger bar or to raise up the bar for taller riders.

Hope it helps.

Guest gordon m
Don't know about spacers under the bar risers, but in the dirt bike world they have spacers that fit right under the bar in the riser clamp. These are used both to adapt to a larger bar or to raise up the bar for taller riders.

Hope it helps.

Thanks but with the low clip on bars I can't use that type of riser

Thanks but with the low clip on bars I can't use that type of riser

After searching the various options out there I elected to purchase parts from Cycle Cat which have worked out very well for me. You can see the comparison of stock and Cycle Cat below:

MG_V11_Cycle_Cat__1.jpg

Cycle Cat does not make a kit for V11 so I looked at various risers on their website and spoke with them to select the set-up that would give me the most possible rise and set-back. Also note the largest clamp size they make is 53 MM and my forks are 54 MM so I spread them a little (with a plastic tool so as not to dent the aluminum) so they would slip on the forks.

Left side is all stock for routing of wires and lines. Right side required re-routing of brake line through the fairing behind the forks as well as routing the throttle cable behind the handlebar/riser but no replacement parts were required. I also had to mount the brake fluid reseviour further inboard by bending the OEM bracket and bolting it to the inside tip of the handle bar (Cycle Cat includes the bolt for this) All the controls clear the fairing once angles and set-back are adjusted. The end result is very similar bar angles to OEM but 5-6" closer reach which makes the bike much more comfortable for me.

• Like 1

Guest gordon m
After searching the various options out there I elected to purchase parts from Cycle Cat which have worked out very well for me. You can see the comparison of stock and Cycle Cat below:

post-2734-1196517773_thumb.jpg

Cycle Cat does not make a kit for V11 so I looked at various risers on their website and spoke with them to select the set-up that would give me the most possible rise and set-back. Also note the largest clamp size they make is 53 MM and my forks are 54 MM so I spread them a little (with a plastic tool so as not to dent the aluminum) so they would slip on the forks.

Left side is all stock for routing of wires and lines. Right side required re-routing of brake line through the fairing behind the forks as well as routing the throttle cable behind the handlebar/riser but no replacement parts were required. I also had to mount the brake fluid reseviour further inboard by bending the OEM bracket and bolting it to the inside tip of the handle bar (Cycle Cat includes the bolt for this) All the controls clear the fairing once angles and set-back are adjusted. The end result is very similar bar angles to OEM but 5-6" closer reach which makes the bike much more comfortable for me.

Thanks for the information Darius. Do you recall the part number from Cycle Cat of the risers you used?

Thanks for the information Darius. Do you recall the part number from Cycle Cat of the risers you used?

The kit I used was based on the DBR13-06 which is the Titanium finish version. The risers are specified S25-53 (this kit is for Ducati Monster and comes stock with 50 MM clamp bores). Handlebars came undrilled. One can locate the placement of holes for the switch housing pins by wrapping a piece of paper around the OEM bars (tape it so you make a tube) and poking holes where the pins go then using that as a template for the new bars. The Cycle Cat bars rotate 360 degrees so relationship from end of the bar is all that matters.

BTW - I should mention this kit results in slightly wider bars than OEM - which I also fine benenficial for turning leverage. Additionaly - OEM bar end weights do not work with this so you need to get something else. One can also order Throttlemiester for Cycle Cat bars. If you would like the detailed parts list - send me a PM with your fax number and I will fax the parts pick list. Hope this helps.

Regards

Guest gordon m
The kit I used was based on the DBR13-06 which is the Titanium finish version. The risers are specified S25-53 (this kit is for Ducati Monster and comes stock with 50 MM clamp bores). Handlebars came undrilled. One can locate the placement of holes for the switch housing pins by wrapping a piece of paper around the OEM bars (tape it so you make a tube) and poking holes where the pins go then using that as a template for the new bars. The Cycle Cat bars rotate 360 degrees so relationship from end of the bar is all that matters.

BTW - I should mention this kit results in slightly wider bars than OEM - which I also fine benenficial for turning leverage. Additionaly - OEM bar end weights do not work with this so you need to get something else. One can also order Throttlemiester for Cycle Cat bars. If you would like the detailed parts list - send me a PM with your fax number and I will fax the parts pick list. Hope this helps.

Regards

Thanks again...think I'll call Cycle Cat tommorrow