2004 Café Sport vs. 2006 Breva 1100

mojohand

Hi all,

thinking about possibly selling my 24,000-mile 2006 Breva & picking up a waaay low mileage 2004 Cafe Sport. Pros? Cons?

My riding style: Lots of miles a year--at least 10-15K. Longest day on the B1100? 500 miles. Longest day ever? 680 miles on my Breva 750. Normal day? 250-450 miles.

Like to run heated gloves, vest, and MotoLights. Problems?

Anyway, just a thought....always loved the Ballabio/CS

Hi, i just bought a v11 sport and loving every mile on it :rolleyes: the only thing for doing good miles on it ie 100 +miles is the riding position its not bad but its alot harsher than the breva

saying that i would still have the v11 sport :D

I ride a Ballabio, and if I'm not mistaken, the Cafe' Sport has the same handlebar set up. I find it very comfortable. I think the position is a bit more upright than the standard V11 Sport. I've done 400-500 mile days and found it relatively comfortable and that was two up to boot. The Ohlins suspension of the Cafe Sport can only make it better riding and more comfortable.

Besides, the Cafe' Sport is waaaayyyy cool. ;)

For a ride longer than 150 miles I'd have to pick the Breva. The Cafe Sport is a way cooler looking bike, but if you spend more time riding than looking at the thing I think you gotta keep the Breva.

Besides with 26k miles its just getting broken in! :lol:

It sounds like you're getting tired of the Breva & want a sportier Guzzi. Am I right in my thinking?

I found the riding position on my V11 Sport (high clipons, not bars) is perfect, but the seat is awfully hard! I get a sore butt after a couple hundred miles. I like riding without a winscreen, so the air takes my weight off my arms and wrists. There have been posts about changing the seat and I may look into a replacement seat for long trips. Joe

Sadly (for me, anyway), the CS at MPH is sold. :( And, yes, I was feeling a little...maybe tired isn't hte right word, but I've always loved the Ballabio/CS--alomost bought one when I went instead for the Breva 750 (which, btw, I loved--put 21K miles on it in 15 months).

Just broken in? I dunno...I think the high-mileage factor may be a pre-Piaggio/Aprilia thing. Still, I'm keeping the Dawn Treader for another while yet, anyhow. Now, if I could add to the stable...

I found the riding position on my V11 Sport (high clipons, not bars) is perfect, but the seat is awfully hard! I get a sore butt after a couple hundred miles. I like riding without a winscreen, so the air takes my weight off my arms and wrists. There have been posts about changing the seat and I may look into a replacement seat for long trips. Joe

Hi Joe,

I recently bought a sheepskin hide with really high density wool. I cut it to fit, and it makes a huge difference on my butt comfort. Highly recommended.

I also took my Cafe Sport's fly screen off right after I bought the bike, but under 85 miles per, wrists and arms still took a lot of abuse until I changed the foot controls to move my feet forward.