Innovate manual

Today I was so bored I read the manual for LogWorks, a datalogger software included with my LC-1 lambda sensor. It was all normal up to the last page, which starts this way:

Very often one can see small front-wheel-drive cars on the road with huge wings mounted on the

trunk lid. But there’s no corresponding aerodynamic down-force device in the front. Of course, in

the majority of cases the wing is there for the ‘cool factor’ because many race-cars have wings

(birds do too, but birds also have no penis).

I was totally unprepared and had a good laugh :lol:

In case anyone wonders, the rest of the page covers how to build a sensor for logging down-force on wings.

"Very often one can see small front-wheel-drive cars on the road with huge wings mounted on the

trunk lid. But there’s no corresponding aerodynamic down-force device in the front. Of course, in

the majority of cases the wing is there for the ‘cool factor’ because many race-cars have wings

(birds do too, but birds also have no penis)."

What the heck is that doing in a manual for a lambda snesor?! :lol::lol: It's good to these people still have a sense of humor.

Ciao

Z

IMS%20XD1.jpg

My XD-1 has been extremely valuable in tuning my home-built autorotor mod for my car. Without it I might well have given up the exercise long ago!

I now never see the rich side of low 12's nor the high side of 16........

My XD-1 has been extremely valuable in tuning my home-built autorotor mod for my car. Without it I might well have given up the exercise long ago!

I now never see the rich side of low 12's nor the high side of 16........

So, the $99 Innovate gauge might not have been good enough?

If you had an LM-1 you probably could have narrowed that quite a bit more. :whistle:

But the XD-1/16 looks cool :rasta:

(just kidding....go with whatever floats your boat. If I had more money I would get a nice gauge, too.)

Now if I could just get the LM-1 to work after two years...The second sensor is on order and it better work darnit!!!!

If you had an LM-1 you probably could have narrowed that quite a bit more. :whistle:

(just kidding....go with whatever floats your boat. If I had more money I would get a nice gauge, too.)

Now if I could just get the LM-1 to work after two years...The second sensor is on order and it better work darnit!!!!

I never even finished putting mine together. Trade it to you for that other V11 Sport ECU we keep swapping!

I got the XD-1 before the DB or G-series gages were available. As well, the XD-1 allows me to feed/read data from the LMA-3 and TC-4 without peripherals.

I have the LM-1 for temporary tuning installations, used with a tail-pipe sniffer.

I never even finished putting mine together. Trade it to you for that other V11 Sport ECU we keep swapping!

:lol:

paypal and the post office are getting rich off of us!

I bought my LM1 second hand from eBay for $200. It arrived with a cable missing, and I learned that if you are too patient with the seller you don't get a chance to leave bad feedback. It then took me a year to get around to buying a new cable $5 +$15shipping. It did not work right, so I waited another year and now the $70 +$10 shipping sensor is on order with the hope that it will fix it. Looking at the Innovate forums the symptoms indicated a bad sensor....I hope it is that simple as I approach the price of a new LM1. According to the Innovate forum the problem could also be my engine...but I doubt it.

It seems to calibrate just fine, so there is hope.

I got the XD-1 before the DB or G-series gages were available. As well, the XD-1 allows me to feed/read data from the LMA-3 and TC-4 without peripherals.

I have the LM-1 for temporary tuning installations, used with a tail-pipe sniffer.

OK, we can assume your penis is intact. :lol:

In fact your choices have turned out better than mine and are certainly practical.

I sure would like a $200 XD-16, but compared to the DB or G gauges it is hard for me to justify the expenditure.

The built in LCD panel on the LM-1 is good enough for me, but you certainly can't read it while riding in daylight, so I'll be completely reliant on the logging, accept at idle. So far I hooked up the TPS for logging, but not the RPM. But my A:F was off the chart. I hope the new sensor will fix that.

Have you tried hooking up the TPS and RPM and logged?