Throttle Lock

Ganzo

sm_V11_Throttle_Lock_006.jpg

Hello, my name is Kurt. This is my first posting so please bear with the possible mistakes. I have a long history of building and fixing stuff. My friends keep wanting me to share some of the stuff with others. I'd rather be in the garage than on a computer so I've been putting a lot of things off. I want to share with anyone interested a throttle lock gadget that I designed and built last summer for my 2003 V11 Rosso. (See attached picture) It works by operating a lever by thumb just above the engine stop switch. This lever pulls up an arm which in turn pulls up a wire that is wrapped around, like a horse shoe, the throttle body. This only works because of a manufactured grove on the inboard end of the throttle body that the wire fits into. It is attached to the handlebar via the old mirror mount and front brake oil reservoir mount. The whole thing is manufactured from stainless steel. That's it in a nut shell. The rest is all detail. I have noticed that other models of V11s have a different design for the engine stop switch assembley that would necessitate some changes to the design to enable this widget work. I took about 10 pictures, but this web site will only allow me to attach one at a time.

Easy on the wrist,

Kurt