Need Help With PCIII

Guest Road Weazel

Guest Road Weazel

Greetings! I'm coming home from Afghanistan soon and will need to pull the 2001 V-11 Sport (injected) out of mothballs. I stabilized the fuel before leaving and will replace the fuel when I get home. The battery's 6 months old and has been on a tender once a month.

I need some software for the PCIII so I can put the map back to stock and pass the state's emissions test, then I'll need to remap it to run well with the pods, Stucci x-over and MG Ti Pipes. (eventually I'd like to put the airbox back on, but that's later) Can anyone send me a CD? I didn't get one from the previous owner when I bought the bike.

Thanx.

Weazel

You don't need a different map to go back to stock, just unplug the PCIII. If for some reason you want to keep it plugged in you could easily create a "zero map" with the Power Commander software which you need to load a new map anyway.

Guest Road Weazel
You don't need a different map to go back to stock, just unplug the PCIII. If for some reason you want to keep it plugged in you could easily create a "zero map" with the Power Commander software which you need to load a new map anyway.

Of course, silly me! Darned, I can't wait to ride again...

Thanx.

Weazel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Road Weazel
Welcome home. And at the risk of creating a political thread, thank you for your service.

Thanx for your kind words. I made it to the house yesterday, and it sure is nice to be home.

Question, what is the cable that goes from the laptop to the PCIII? I've got a 9 pin female on the PCIII, is the other side just a USB? I'll need to buy one tomorrow.

Thanx!

Weazel

Thanx for your kind words. I made it to the house yesterday, and it sure is nice to be home.

Question, what is the cable that goes from the laptop to the PCIII? I've got a 9 pin female on the PCIII, is the other side just a USB? I'll need to buy one tomorrow.

Thanx!

Weazel

Well if it's a PC III USB, the cable you need is a standard USB to mini USB (like you get for connecting things like digi cameras). The mini USB socket is on the end of the PC III