help for a computer twit

ferguzzi

I'm sure this is an obvious one for the informed, but I'm a bit lost.

I find I can't reply to any topic on the forum, or start any threads or topics. What happens is that as soon as the page for writing comes up, in about 2 seconds the computer drops off the website, drops of the internet, and I find myself staring at my desktop front page.

This happens on my home pc, a dell, but also on the computers I get to use at work. However, it doesn,t happen when I get to use my laptop, a mac. Which is what I'm using now.(hello from hong kong, by the way!).

Problem is, Lately I rarely get to prize the laptop from my wife's clutches, so I spend a lot of time reading the forum, but not able to add my 2 cents. Which probably suits some people, but is driving me nuts!

Any thoughts/suggestions?

maybe something with javascript on your computer, the reply/post sceen does a lot of this. Maybe this makes a differrence:

goto "my controls" then board settings and there right bottom is :Type of text editor to use when posting", choose standard editor.

Other option: try firefox.

Yeah, I've got firefox on my mac, which is possibly why it works and the pc doesn't. I'll wait 'til I get home and play around with it then.

Thank you, Obi Wan.