mg national in SoCal

Van

Yes Pierre, you're correct, thanks. I have plenty of space for tent campers. My note was for those hoping to bring a truck/RV/camper in, the grounds are booked. Gretchen & I, and a small handful of locals, booked nearly 36 sites x 8 (people per site), plus the Group site houses 60. There are some that did book for their campers, etc. We can house close to 350 easily.

I am being charged a per bike, per day fee for all those who come in... Therefore, the tricky part is that all coming will need to be on my list to get in. Will make for a tough time if one waits until they get there.

Now, back to the thread topic... how many Tenni are coming?

David, don't panic. I'm pretty sure Todd has plenty of spots left. Remember a lot of us (and Todd, I expect) got on the CA parks site early and nailed down large blocks. I assume Todd will parcel those out as people sign up.

The "too late to bring anything but a bike" comment I expect has to do with his advisal some time back that if you wanted to bring a motor home, you'd need to reserve a space for that directly with the park. I think that's what's going on.

So, have you signed up yet? Gonna' do the track day?

No, regrettably I have not signed up yet.

I tried to call for an hour the first day, but then Todd said they had enough. I should have stayed on hold and ordered anyway. But it is not Todd's fault. I had plenty of time to call back once I understood that we needed to make our own reservation if more than a motorcycle was being parked on site.

It is tough to reserve in advance when you don't know if you will have enough time or money.

I needed a spot for my motor cycle and my wife with the Toyota.

With fees for two people am I allowed a Toyota Rav4, a Guzzi, and a tent?

Maybe we will motel it or do another camp ground.

And yes I really want to do the track day.

It is tough to reserve in advance when you don't know if you will have enough time or money.

I needed a spot for my motor cycle and my wife with the Toyota.

With fees for two people am I allowed a Toyota Rav4, a Guzzi, and a tent? Maybe we will motel it or do another camp ground.

And yes I really want to do the track day.

That it is, but imagine putting out thousands for all of those people who "might not know if they can make it..." ;)

Great question David, please bring it to the SoCal webboard for all others to read, instead of this well hidden thread. See you there.

That it is, but imagine putting out thousands for all of those people who "might not know if they can make it..." ;)

Great question David, please bring it to the SoCal webboard for all others to read, instead of this well hidden thread. See you there.

I don't know how you handle the stress!

I only lost a few dollars by not showing up for the last San Diego Rally, but this is more of an investment. But it is nothing compared to what you have sunk into the rally.

I can't imagine how much you personally have invested with no guarantee of breaking even, and no potential reward other than an attaboy.

Thank you for all you do for our community.

I'll post the question over at the SoCal web board.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got some info for the track day...

The National Guzzi-Only Track day is at the Streets of Willow, Friday June 27th. Rally participants get the day for $95. PM/e-mail me for the code. All other Guzzisti reading this site, get the day for $125 -- use code EURO. To register CLICK HERE. Register now to keep this an ALL GUZZI day. Otherwise, it gets opened up to other Euro brands.

Mucho gracias to drknow/Veloce Track Days for handling the logisitics.

If your waffling, or don't think you should try it, there's no better way to have more fun on your Guzzi. Trust me, just do it... you won't regret it. Promise.