Night Ride

John in Leeds

Had my best night ride in many years on Monday night. Leeds to Manchester just 50 miles. For the first time for in a couple of months the roads were dry there was little wind and considering it was 10 o’clock at night the whole route was well lit with very little traffic. I was returning the borrowed Motard to Rock and Road in Bolton stopping overnight in Manchester before helping (observing and getting in the way) Brian fit the new replacement Highland engine. The Rosso Corsa tucked up until the winter salt is gone. A gentle 90ish most of the way watching carefully for following authority, passed only by a Bently cruising around 115. A final flourish of a little? more for the last 10 miles, grippy tyres, willing motor, a super ride. Doesn’t sound much in the grand scheme of things but with all this crap weather recently even crumbs taste like a good meal. ;)

cool !!!!some of my best rides around my old home of warwickshire were done at night,a few of the lads done a sunset to sunrise ride only stopping for fuel and food awesome would do it over here but i'd soon get fed up of the same road all night

weldone anyway!

I've always enjoyed late evening blasts around the back roads.

Especially in the depth of summer when the air is soft and sultry and

summer caresses you in her bosom. The later the better. On coming cars are

detected by headlights up in the trees on good corners. It's like

having radar.

Screw February.