CAN YOU HELP?

Guzzista_Joe

Hi everyone, over the last year I've come accross a huge disparity in people's opinion of local importers. It doesn't seem to matter where this is the variety of comments appear to range from absolute praise to downright condemnation.

I have started a survey with which I hope to gain an understanding of the depth and strength of people's feelings on this subject and intend to then send the findings to the factory.

I'd like to find out whether the problem lies with the status of the importers or whether any issues lie closer to Mandello. As this is such an important year for the factory I thought it would be an appropriate to harness the always seemingly passionate opinion of Guzzisti on this subject.

I would very much appreciate it if you could take a few moments to look at this page:

http://guzzista.wetpaint.com/page/Moto+Guz...+an+exploration

and express your own opinion on the subject by taking part in the relevant opinion polls (you'll se there are two strands to this). The polls are very simple yes/no affairs, but there is an area at the foot of the page where you can fully express your opinion on the subject. All the comments posted here will be prepared in a document and forwarded to the factory at the end.

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Regards

Joe

Joe,

It's not that simple. For us as customers, it's not easy to see what part of the service an importer gives is from him, or restricted or dictated by the factory. If fi you are not satisfied with the spare parts delivery, is it because the importer doesn't order/has stock, or the factory doesn't deliver. IF an importer only orders once a month the spare parts in the factory, can you blame mandello for not sending the pats quick?

...fair point Paul, but slow parts is one of the criticisms that tends to be levelled at Guzzi...you read about it in the press, on forums, all over the place.

I don't know what the depth of the problem is but I am interested in the perception as this is what "colours" the opinion of the marketplace. You still read in the press about agricultural gearboxes, unreliable electrics and poor chrome...why is that? Whereas us who have owned Guzzis for a long time know they are no better or worse than other manufacturers' bikes.

The comments you guys are making are exactly the sort of feedback I'm looking for, and would appreciate it if I could trouble you chaps to add them on the site, so it makes things easier to compile later...

Thaniks again

J