Guzzi Rack Fitting

britespark

Hi folks. I'm new here, but I have learned a lot from your entertaining and informative Forum.

I recently got Guzzi's own branded rear Alluminium rack, and it came complete with no fitting kit!. Does anyone have one of these fitted, and if so post some photos of how it attaches to bike.

Help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Pat.

Hi folks. I'm new here, but I have learned a lot from your entertaining and informative Forum.

I recently got Guzzi's own branded rear Alluminium rack, and it came complete with no fitting kit!. Does anyone have one of these fitted, and if so post some photos of how it attaches to bike.

Help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Pat.

I share your pain: I bought a Guzzi rack, and it didn't come w/ the [absolutely necessary] additional plates that it mounts to. The plates mount to the backside of the passenger peg hangers, w/ longer through bolts. The rack then mounts to these plates. Do a thread search, & I'm sure you'll find the pics of the plates that Greg Field kindly posted.

Me, I'm still "getting around to" fabbing up a pair of the plates to mount my rack. Too many other items of far greater importance for me these days, I'm afraid...

:huh:

Ta very much. It appears these fitting mount inside the brackets for the footrest hangers.

This explains why the rack rails are narrower than the footrest hanger brackets. I'll be able to make something now I understand.

Cheers, Pat