Bar-ends ... a tragic tale

slowkitty

Not much of a tale .. mine vibrated off the bike. yes, it happened! :nerd:

Now for the real questions:

a. Any non Guzzi bike out there with similar bar-ends?

b. Where can I buy them originals and how much?

Thanks for the help, guys.

Cheers

Cat

I would love to get rid of my barends and put some mirrors in there instead, but I just cant get the bloody things off. Unlike SlowK's, mine have vibrated themselves ON.

I grip the bar with a suitable plier and try to screw the barends off, but I end up twisting the bar itself and dont dare to use more force on it. Stuck. Tried several times.

Any clues to a solution?

I have some used lying around. You can have them for shipping costs. You only need the weights?

Great stuff, Japp, what I see now (from the diagram) is the hex screw [26] is still holding the handle in, a pen-size metal tube [28] which should go into the bar-end. This tube has a hole across it, probably for a pin [20] which went with the bar-end. I am not sure if [27] is still there. I can probably fashion another pin using my other side's pin as a sample if you do not have it. Please let me know how much to Singapore and I will PayPal the shipping to ya.

handlediagramcopy.jpg

Thanks loads, I am grateful for this.

Cheers

Cat

Ship your bars to Slowkitty for an exchange! :rolleyes: (assuming they are both the same type) ...and you might have to leave the rubber grips on.

not the same, mine are the big lumps of corroding whatsamagonnacallit