Big Fat Rears

iRon

Hi. My name is Ron and I'm addicted to big, wide rears.

(Tires, I mean rear tires!)

Sorry if alot of you have been thru this topic before, but I desperately need as big fat rear tire as possible. Even the 180 on Lemans and Scuras make me sigh because I only have a 'puny' 170 on my V11. Can the 5.5" from those bikes just be bolted on to mine or does it require the wider swingarm as well? I will either acquire that wheel, have mine split and widened or get a/mrkt ones. (I'd need to donate a kidney to buy PVM's - $2400 bucks! ) I know it will probably adversely effect handling but I have twisted priorities.

Please donate to this cause, as there is no known cure.

Thank you.

Hi. My name is Ron and I'm addicted to big, wide rears.

(Tires, I mean rear tires!)

Sorry if alot of you have been thru this topic before, but I desperately need as big fat rear tire as possible. Even the 180 on Lemans and Scuras make me sigh because I only have a 'puny' 170 on my V11. Can the 5.5" from those bikes just be bolted on to mine or does it require the wider swingarm as well? I will either acquire that wheel, have mine split and widened or get a/mrkt ones. (I'd need to donate a kidney to buy PVM's - $2400 bucks! ) I know it will probably adversely effect handling but I have twisted priorities.

Please donate to this cause, as there is no known cure.

Thank you.

The stupid fat wheels on my Scura are already spoken for so I can't help you. You're absolutely right though, the fatter rear will make your machine handle like a pig on roller skates.

Pete

Guest ratchethack

Yep, the 5.5" wheel will bolt on in place of the 4.5" wheel with no clearance problems running a 180.

There are those (including Pete) who'd gladly swap for a pristine condition 4.5".

There are those who've claimed to run 190's without clearance problems. I wouldn't trust either the claim or the handling as far as I can t'row y'er Guzzi over the back fence. But that's just me. -_-

post-1212-1203281193.jpg

For an even wider bloat-o-bling "big butt" rear, may I suggest call the Three Stooges of Motorcycling. :cheese:

post-1212-1203281979.jpg

Do these jeans make my @$$ look big? :homer:

:D totally agree, i too have a thing for big fat rears !!! not looked at v11 yet but done it on many others,and yes they all handled like a bag of sh$t but who cares when you get coments like( thats bigger than my car tyres ) :D:D had a harley with a 300 back end and only went straight !!! are well

Guest V11RossoNigel

HMMMMMMM, Somehow I get the sneaking suspicion that Ron here, has read previous posts on this much talked about subject and is playing Devils Advocate....and is having a little wind-up......but hey if you are for real, then yes the bigger wheel will bolt straight in, handling will not be as quick or sharp, but if that floats your boat, go right ahead. I have to agree that the larger rear end looks more aggressive and purposeful if you are driven by fashion. Still each to their own, but if you have got use to the way your V11 handles now, don't expect it to be the same with a larger section on the rear, be warned its not the same if you are pushing on. I will be interested to hear your reports of the difference.

all the best

Nige

HMMMMMMM, Somehow I get the sneaking suspicion that Ron here, has read previous posts on this much talked about subject and is playing Devils Advocate....and is having a little wind-up......but hey if you are for real, then yes the bigger wheel will bolt straight in, handling will not be as quick or sharp, but if that floats your boat, go right ahead. I have to agree that the larger rear end looks more aggressive and purposeful if you are driven by fashion. Still each to their own, but if you have got use to the way your V11 handles now, don't expect it to be the same with a larger section on the rear, be warned its not the same if you are pushing on. I will be interested to hear your reports of the difference.

all the best

Nige

I have a 5.5 inch rim from my 02 Lemans, perfect condition, with a new Michelin Pilot Power on it, will trade it for your wheel for $100 plus you cover shipping or sell it to you outright if you want the wider wheel

I have a 5.5 inch rim from my 02 Lemans, perfect condition, with a new Michelin Pilot Power on it, will trade it for your wheel for $100 plus you cover shipping or sell it to you outright if you want the wider wheel

Check your PMs...

Guest ratchethack
Ratchethack....can you pllleeeeeease introduce me to your friend. My intentions are purely platonic and honorable, I assure you. :whistle:

OMG. Where do they make women like that?

Dunno exactly how this happens, Joe. But the "wide load" as a fashion statement seems to be one o' those things that's entirely in the eye of the beholder. There are guys who get all weak-kneed and drooly over 'em. Some women know this, so if they got it, they FLAUNT IT!

post-1212-1203434639.jpg

Dunno exactly how this happens, Joe. But the "wide load" as a fashion statement seems to be one o' those things that's entirely in the eye of the beholder. There are guys who get all weak-kneed and drooly over it. Some women know this, so if they got it, they FLAUNT IT!

Uuuuuuhhhmmm. Thanks, I was interested in the 180 version in the first pic.

The above 200 version doesnt even have thighs or legs. :unsure: Her tiny ankles and feet are attached directly to...well, lets just forget the whole introduction thing :(

Guest rosso mandello

I bought an 5.5" from Jaap 3 years ago. I went for the look, and agree that the handling got worse, more slow in the corners With the 4.5" wheel i just had to think and the bike turned all by itself. But i am not going back, so my 4.5 in spotless condition is for sale if anyone near Denmark needs one.

summer is coming up, I can smell it