Wilburs fork springs 98-01

wheelsucker

Was wondering if the fork springs for a 98-01 V11 would fit a 2003 v11? I think they have the same forks just not positive and I'm thinking about upgrading the fork springs to a set of wilburs but only see them listed for the 98-01 v11.

Guest ratchethack

May I suggest the first thing to do is to make a positive ID of your forks. The Marz 040 USD is the one issued for 98-01 V11s. More likely yours are the Marz 043 USD.

The Marz Web sites ain't any too user-friendly IMHO, but you could have a look here:

http://www.marzocchi.com/spa/moto/products...K&Sito=moto

Todd Eagan at GuzziTech used to be the West Coast Wilbers authorized dealer, but he's switched over to HyperPro. If you send Todd an email, he's sure to respond. He can ID your forks for you and set you up. Tell him I sent you. Inquiries: Todd>at<GuzziTech.com

Here's his Web page on HyperPro progressive fork springs:

http://www.guzzitech.com/store/HyperPro-FS.html

NOTE: Just to head any confusion off at the pass (so to speak), there've been those hereabouts who haven't hesitated to advise that progressively wound (rising rate) fork springs are the work of Lucifer himself. :o Now this is just me, but I've re-sprung 3 motorcycles (both current moto's, including the Guzzi) with progressively wound fork springs, and highly recommend them for most riders and most kinds of riding on the road. As with any spring upgrade, the key to success is to get the overall rate properly matched to the load, as discussed in detail in many previous posts on the topic. ;)

Have fun. :luigi: