Days Away!

V11crazed

V11crazed,

I am excited for you! My first ride on my 2000 V11 was unforgettable. I fell in love as soon as I pulled out of the drive way. I believe you will love yours. They feel 'alive'.

Best wishes to you,

Steve

(Fuel Cooler)

P.S. I lived on Pima in Tucson back in 1988 for the spring. Nice riding and weather to be sure!

OK Nancy, show us some pictures! :bier:

Will do!

Took delivery at 11:00 a.m. and spent most of the day cleaning her up and now the battery is on a trickle charger. Dead on arrival. I don't know if it's the original, but I have a call into they guy I bought it from. Any suggestions on where to look for a new one? They seem expensive, but then I checked BatteriesPlus, seems they might have what I need?

Anyway, it certainly is a beautiful bike. I did start her up today....is is common for the Guzzi to have "thump, thump" sound coming from what sounds deep in the engine, during idle? I'm just unsure what to expect.

Was surprised at some of the rust and flaking of some of the parts, not really bad though. Also, some cracked rubber seals...which I'm sure will need to eventually be replaced. What a difference between owning a bike in Tucson vs the midwest! No rust here!

Ok, finally, why would the breather tube be located so as to drip gunk on the pipe area? There was a bunch of greasy, oily build up that eventually burned off. Seems it should be relocated?

At any rate, I'm very excited to be a Guzzi owner....can't wait to jump on her tomorrow.... :thumbsup:

V11crazed,

I am excited for you! My first ride on my 2000 V11 was unforgettable. I fell in love as soon as I pulled out of the drive way. I believe you will love yours. They feel 'alive'.

Best wishes to you,

Steve

(Fuel Cooler)

P.S. I lived on Pima in Tucson back in 1988 for the spring. Nice riding and weather to be sure!

ahh.... a local now removed.... ;)

will post up about my first ride in a few days...with pics

I did start her up today....is is common for the Guzzi to have "thump, thump" sound coming from what sounds deep in the engine, during idle? I'm just unsure what to expect.

Yes, it is normal. It is probably coming from the gear box / clutch. Try pulling in the clutch, it should go away. It kinda sounds like a connecting rod is about to come out of it. But it is fine!

Enjoy your ride!

Steve

:bike:

Hi Nancy,

Congrats!

Yes they are like Italian women,in need of attention,but well worth it! ;)

Most of the guys here swear by this battery.I'll be changing mine to this when she dies.http://www.portablepower.com/items/batteries/SLA/1/Hawker%20Odyssey/PC545/0770-2019/SL141/37L141S5

I had the same question about noises when I got the Scura.It has a single plate clutch that rattles a lot at idle.

The rubber stuff is a weak point on most Guzzi's would be worth checking all of them when you get a chance,also replace all fluids(Brake,clutch,final drive,oil)if the previous owner hasn't done it recently.

When your ready,let us know as there's a lot of resources here for parts.I did my first full service,last year and after a lot of questions, found it relatively easy.

Good luck!

Hi Nancy,

Congrats!

Yes they are like Italian women,in need of attention,but well worth it! ;)

Most of the guys here swear by this battery.I'll be changing mine to this when she dies.http://www.portablepower.com/items/batteries/SLA/1/Hawker%20Odyssey/PC545/0770-2019/SL141/37L141S5

I had the same question about noises when I got the Scura.It has a single plate clutch that rattles a lot at idle.

The rubber stuff is a week point on most Guzzi's would be worth checking all of them when you get a chance,also replace all fluids(Brake,clutch,final drive,oil)if the previous owner hasn't done it recently.

When your ready,let us know as there's a lot of resources here for parts.I did my first full service,last year and after a lot of questions,but found it relatively easy.

Good luck!

Nice.... B)

I figure I will put some miles down and then turn her over to my mechanic for a good going over. The PO is sending me a brand rear tire...there's still good tread on the current one. Will get her all checked out when I get the new tire put on.

Thanks for the tips!

Nice.... B)

I figure I will put some miles down and then turn her over to my mechanic for a good going over. The PO is sending me a brand rear tire...there's still good tread on the current one. Will get her all checked out when I get the new tire put on.

Thanks for the tips!

An EXCELLANT time to also:

1. Get the front driveshaft greasefitting lubed, there are plenty who will tell you it's MUCH easier with the wheel removed.

2. Service the cush drive. I could not believe the differance in softness of the driveline when the first new rear tire got put on. Bike only had 6000 miles on it, but WOW... :notworthy::mg::wub:, Later and enjoy, S.H.

OK...to all the folks who are curious about my first ride....well....it was a helluva weekend.

I'm going to post my discoveries as a new thread in this forum....warning...it might be long..... :lol: