My new Sloppage Plate report...

savagehenry

I was seeing the flicker of the red light, at quite a few of my take offs after buying this, my first MG, about 10 monthes ago. Started reading here, went :o , and tried to use a slower start. Quickly realized that VIOLATES the very nature of this bike, (as does changing bars, pegs, etc, IMHO...but I digress...). No can do. Tried to put the cash together for a Roper Plate, but my kids, the wife, the economy and other Dark Forces had thus far conspired against me, successfully.

So I've made my own.

Having now put over 100 miles on in the last two days, I can say this,

It Works.

I have yet to see the light flicker, and I have done some pretty damn hard pulls in an attempt to see ANY red.

...Zip, nada, not one...

I don't do wheelies as a habit, but I lifted the front twice, NO Light.

And my hoseclamp is in place, thank you.

"This is MY bike. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. And I intend to keep her."

:notworthy::mg::wub:, Later, S.H.

PS Pete, there's a couple beers in the mail to you. A tip "O"the hat to acknowlege your work :thumbsup:

Guest ratchethack

I'm wit'choo, SH, on changing bars, pegs, etc. IMHO, when you ride her the way she wants to be ridden, she rewards you back many times over. (One of the most valuable life lessons possible to learn from the fair sex, as well. . . ;) )

Nice work on carving out y'er own plate. I'd considered it meself (briefly). You must have a boatload more skill, and/or time, and/or patience and/or energy than Yours Truly. :notworthy:

That's a labor o' love that -- as you've said -- truly makes her YOUR OWN. :thumbsup: