single plate clutch spring

S251

HELP! :A few moths ago I purchased a RAM low intertia kit, the whole kit from Agostini, for my SCURA. Recently gave to a well trusted and relable workshop to install, but alas, it does not fit. The centre button for the pushrod is about 50mm too far away and the locator the wrong diameter for the push rod.

Agostini sent a new centre button but it is still 10mm too short to activate the clutch.

Does anyone know what this kit fits? And does anyone know the GUZZI factory part number for the spring only?

Tried to get another kit but I have been told that MG Cycles can no longer get the ful kit for the SCURA either.

PeterD S251.

When you say 50mm & 10mm too far away, Is there 50/10mm mm space between end of pushrod & retainer cup it acts upon (centre button?) when lever pulled in (when clutch should be disengaged)? How are you measuring that? What is the difference between the kit part & the part Agostini later supplied? The retainer cup on my kit is pressed into centre of spring plate, & not removable.

Are you sure kit is assembled correctly? Did it come w/parts diagram?

I bought a RAM unit from Agostinis for Scura about a yr ago, but still haven't got round to fitting it. I have bike apart, but haven't checked any measurements.

I fitted a RAM unit to my Tonti a few yrs back & the hole that located the pushrod in the retainer cup was much wider diameter than the pushrod. I was concerned that if the pushrod slopped about at the clutch end it would wear on the clutch centre hub...but I asked around at the time & heard it wasn't a problem. It's been in a while & still works....

Part # for Guzzi single plate spring as fitted to Rosso Mandello (I don't have ref for Scura) is: 01 08 40 40.

I think a couple of people here have fitted RAM kits to Scuras?

KB :sun:

• 2 weeks later...
When you say 50mm & 10mm too far away, Is there 50/10mm mm space between end of pushrod & retainer cup it acts upon (centre button?) when lever pulled in (when clutch should be disengaged)? How are you measuring that? What is the difference between the kit part & the part Agostini later supplied? The retainer cup on my kit is pressed into centre of spring plate, & not removable.

Are you sure kit is assembled correctly? Did it come w/parts diagram?

I bought a RAM unit from Agostinis for Scura about a yr ago, but still haven't got round to fitting it. I have bike apart, but haven't checked any measurements.

I fitted a RAM unit to my Tonti a few yrs back & the hole that located the pushrod in the retainer cup was much wider diameter than the pushrod. I was concerned that if the pushrod slopped about at the clutch end it would wear on the clutch centre hub...but I asked around at the time & heard it wasn't a problem. It's been in a while & still works....

Part # for Guzzi single plate spring as fitted to Rosso Mandello (I don't have ref for Scura) is: 01 08 40 40.

I think a couple of people here have fitted RAM kits to Scuras?

KB :sun:

KB Thanks for the part number.

I will try to attach pics of the RAM KIT and the original SCURA parts for comparison. 800k each

In regard the RAM KIT:::: :luigi:

Agostini "stongly" :thumbsup: reccomeded that the mechanic just fit the supplied clutch kit, after "replacing the push rod centre". Apparently they heat the spring that carries the locating button just a bit and punch it out and loctite the new centtre to suit the SCURA push rod.

To cut a long story short, the Agostini supplied RAM kit sems to engange and dissengage the drive. NO TEST RIDE YET. The fluid in the system seems to take up a bit more and push rod seems to take up the pressure. We will see soon after the road test but all seems as per Agostini's advice execpt that the RAM KIT locating button needed changing and the RAM supplied sleeve gear did not fit the SCURA.

PeterD S251