Greetings, and 'Is a Guzzi V11 the right bike for me?'

jhh

The sitting on part is going to give me a little trouble as well. I've sat on a Nevada and ridden a California, and I did okay on both of them - but the V11 will be something I'm going to sit on right about the time I purchase it: there are none here (New Orleans, LA, US) for sale, so I'd be flying out to get one - which one is still under debate.

That is exactly what I did. Never rode a V11, till I bought one. Flew to Detroit from Wichita, took two days to go 800 miles in freezing weather. And I would do it again in a heartbeat. I love my 02 Lemans. Traded up from a Jackal, completely opposite bikes.

fred

I bought mine in California and rode it home to Portland, Oregon. Great way to get to know your Guzzi.

On a sporting machine, you will be more comfortable at speed if you lean forward just enough so you "float" on the wind blast hitting your chest and shoulders. On the Tenni, I will sit more upright and taller on the highway so more wind hits me and supports my weight, allowing my hands to just hold the bars without supporting my body. There should be a balance point you can find by leaning forward and back until your arms feel little pressure. I was told this 25 years ago when I bought my first Interceptor. The faster you go, the farther forward you lean or the lower you sit (slouch a bit, but don't tell your grandmother!).

Also, if your jacket puts pressure on your elbow, that can cause numbness in your hand and wrist as well.

Welcome to the madness.

Garsdad