Tire recommendations?

jhh

I run Pilot Power 2CT's on my Scura at the moment. They were supposed to be Pilot Road 2's, but there was a mix up. Rear needs replacing after 2500miles, no worries from them in the wet and cold here. I'll be putting a Pilot Road 2 rear on, if it gets ordered right...and keeping the front Power 2CT as it's hardly worn. I've used Conti Road Attacs on two of my other bikes- VTR1000F and Speed Triple, and I don't like front profile, too round. I prefer the Sport.

+1 on the Diablo Stradas. Excellent all around tire, unbelievable grip in the wet. I'm currently mounting up Diablos (one step more sporty from the Stradas) We'll see how those do.

On a related note, I just put on a set of Continental Road Attacks on my RT. They are really nice. Every bit of the Z6 set they replaced. I developed uneven wear rapidly with the front Z6. (2000 miles) I'm hoping the Contis do better.

The Z6's and the stradas are related but I am getting much better wear out of the Z6's then the Stradas. I've got almost 7k on the Z6's and they still have a good bit left. No uneven wear or anything.The Z6's are on a Griso and the Stradas are on a V11 if that makes a difference. The Griso is a bigger heavier bike then the V11 but it gets ridden a little harder.

I run (usually) the Diablo Corsa III's and I think they're the best handling, fastest warming tires I've ever ridden on. I currently am running the Metzler Sportec Z6's as I wore out my Corsa's (2nd set) near the end of the season and thru the set of Metz's on that came with the bike when I bought it. They are/were almost new and find they feel greasy compared to the Corsa's.

I typically get about 7000 miles out of a set.

My :2c:

Thanks for the input everyone! I put the bike in the shop today to iron out one or two small problems it was having, and ordered a set of Diablo Stradas as well. When those wear out I'll give the Z6s a shot, and stick to whichever one I like the best after that.

Guest Victor/Euro Moto Arizona

After wearing out the stock Metzelers which I hated, I put on a set of Dunlop D208's on my '02 Le Mans. What a difference it made in the handling of the bike. Turn in was so much quicker. Had great grip on a damp race track and wore well. The Qualifiers have replaced the D208's. I'm running those on my Brutale and love 'em!