New to groupe

sullvarni

Hi to all,i'm up in Northern British Columbia Canada,place called Houston halfway between Prince George and Prince Rupert on the coast.

Bourght my V11 Le Mans in Feb in Vancouver 27.000 klm on it mint,it's sitting in my hallway right now looking at me and wondering if where ever going to go for a ride,it's supposed to go down to -7c by Sat so nuff said.

Dont' want to bore you to death with my first post but would like a little info on where to get after market parts,allready got two Titanium slipon's on Ebay but where can i get the air filter pods for this bike and do i need to do anything to the computer mapping when installed,i found a few sites but none seem to carry them.

What are the comm'on complaint's if any that i should be aware of?can i use synthetic oil in this bike?and where can i get a track stand specific for this bike,that should do it for now.

Thanks Stu.

You have fortunately arrived at the best place you can be. The best advice to give, just cruise through all the forums,ask questions to the posters, and do what you think is best. Get as much advice as you can before modifying your bike. Look at tires and suspension mods also, not just POWER. Make sure you are ready for more before adding it.

I hope i can help as much as I have been helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have fortunately arrived at the best place you can be. The best advice to give, just cruise through all the forums,ask questions to the posters, and do what you think is best. Get as much advice as you can before modifying your bike. Look at tires and suspension mods also, not just POWER. Make sure you are ready for more before adding it.

I hope i can help as much as I have been helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the hello,power is not a problem for me i dont' think i've got an 92 GSX 1100G shafty which is a ab'solute torque monster and putting out 105hp which is not a lot compared to todays sport bikes,but it will scare a lot of crotch rockets,did i say i'm 62,not sure whats in there for oil,i like Motul synthetic myself but tried it in one of my older bikes and it leeked like a siv'e.

Thanks Stu.

Hey...ya old goat...

Your in the right place.

Off the top of my head.

Relays relays relays.....most running problems go back to them.

Do a search on relays. The stock Siemens suck.

Have a look @ yours ..if their Siemens replace 'em

Under 20.00 for all five from http://www.dpguzzi.com/

Search on 'em anyway. There's a wealth of knowledge there

and it'll give you a good warm up for getting plugged into this site.

The help here is incredible.

Kick stand switch and neutral switch are buggy.

The Neutral problem is a wire under the tank. Left side. Purple on my 02.

Bullet plug sucks. Clean it, goop it w/ dielectric and give it a little squeeze.

There's a shift return spring that not hard to fix but if you got 27K on chances are you dodged the bullet. They were notorious for failure on the 02 but mines been fine for 38Kmi

Rear wheel bearings fail on some of our bikes because of a short spacer on the axle.

Search on that and you'll be well up to speed on most of the glitches and on your

way to being a V11 expert. I really can't say enough about what a treasure this site is.

It truly enhances the pleasure of owning a Guzzi

Oil? There's about a million post on oil. Good luck staying out of the loooooong

ones. :) There does get to be some varitable jihads on some subjects. :)

Most of us are running synth somewhere on our bikes. Hey...the holy grail is to put

200K mi on one of these things.

Welcome, good luck and have FUN!

Oil? There's about a million post on oil. Good luck staying out of the loooooong

Most of us are running synth somewhere on our bikes. Hey...the holy grail is to put

I may open the can of worms now but I think the least controversial idea is to use Redline Shockproof Heavy in gearbox and tranny (no moly addition needed).

Hey...ya old goat...

Your in the right place.

Off the top of my head.

Relays relays relays.....most running problems go back to them.

Do a search on relays. The stock Siemens suck.

Have a look @ yours ..if their Siemens replace 'em

Under 20.00 for all five from http://www.dpguzzi.com/

Search on 'em anyway. There's a wealth of knowledge there

and it'll give you a good warm up for getting plugged into this site.

The help here is incredible.

Kick stand switch and neutral switch are buggy.

The Neutral problem is a wire under the tank. Left side. Purple on my 02.

Bullet plug sucks. Clean it, goop it w/ dielectric and give it a little squeeze.

There's a shift return spring that not hard to fix but if you got 27K on chances are you dodged the bullet. They were notorious for failure on the 02 but mines been fine for 38Kmi

Rear wheel bearings fail on some of our bikes because of a short spacer on the axle.

Search on that and you'll be well up to speed on most of the glitches and on your

way to being a V11 expert. I really can't say enough about what a treasure this site is.

It truly enhances the pleasure of owning a Guzzi

Welcome, good luck and have FUN!

Thanks for the info,the Siemens relay was replaced already,ditto shift spring,was told about the rear wheel bearings also.

Yah know what you mean about the jihads,i'm on a GSX 1100G site on Yahoo and some of the replys,well you know,anyway thanks for the welcome makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.