Aaaargh, made the plunge.....

mdude

I'm gonna regret this, but I put my Greenie up for sale yesterday. Too many hobbies, too little time forces sale.

I hope I'll get enought for it so I can afford something old instead and still put money in the bank: Laverda 3C, Honda GL 1000 or something, cause they are practically free re. taxes and insurance.

Someone in Norway reading this: PM me. Open for offers and small talk.

Probably this will take some time, so I'll be around.

Arrrgh.....again

• 4 weeks later...

Replying to myself here, bump-de-bump.

Put the bike out for sale cause I didnt feel we got along an ddidnt have the time. Thought about that for a while. Checked out what I could buy instead. Rode a couple of alternatives.

77 Honda GL1000 was nice looking but a big f... sofa. The Laverda 3C just didnt exist.

Had a trip to the cafe in gleaming sunshine, felt the pistons vibrating my wrists to a pulp, the seat massaging my crown jewels to something resembling a BigMac, outdragged a GSX600RFZWYKLOP (or something) at a redlight, washed the Guzzi and fondled it a bit, attended to its battle scars and silently peeling paint, had a trip round the block without a lid on just to feel the noize bouncing off the neighbouring retirement homes walls (sorry old guys).

Then sat down with the guz in the garage and had a nice emotional conversation.

In the end we agreed that we are still friends and not finished with each other.

I cant sell, even though a couple of really nice blokes rang me up.

Stuck with the old tractor.

Even my wife applauds this.

EDIT: I probably just wanted some attention

:D:D:lol::lol:

...you just can't do it...it's like your best mate...even if they support Chelsea and you have the odd row, they're still your best pal...they understand you and you understand them and you forgive each other's shortcomings, even if they do support Chelsea! :lol:

Good decision, well done!

Excellent news! Treat yourself to some heavyweight Manic Salamander bar ends in celebration...

:thumbsup:

he's a local guy for me(manic salamander) and I bought mine from him personally at a coffee shop, they are TOP quality sheet, I promise you will not be disappointed :bier:

he's a local guy for me(manic salamander) and I bought mine from him personally at a coffee shop, they are TOP quality sheet, I promise you will not be disappointed :bier:

I think I've seen Manic Samander stuff on some webshop and I am sure these are great, but I have just about given up getting stuff from the US.

Almost no one are willing to ship internationally. And if they do it takes forever for goods to arrive.

I guess I'll try to source some adjustable clipons locally, with a more generic bar end configuration.

( just ordered some wheel nuts for my Range Rover from the UK, and it took 14 days before I had them in my hand. Thats 14 days on a distance that takes 2,5 hours by plane)

I think I've seen Manic Samander stuff on some webshop and I am sure these are great, but I have just about given up getting stuff from the US.

Almost no one are willing to ship internationally. And if they do it takes forever for goods to arrive.

I guess I'll try to source some adjustable clipons locally, with a more generic bar end configuration.

( just ordered some wheel nuts for my Range Rover from the UK, and it took 14 days before I had them in my hand. Thats 14 days on a distance that takes 2,5 hours by plane)

WELL I don't know you that well to really offer this up but I have sent parts to that neck of the woods before, just recently to sweden and it cost me something like $28US and arrived after only a week, maybe something could be done for you(helps when you put down the parts as a gift, not of significant value ^_^ )

Not a fair comparison, unless the nuts are sent airmail; otherwise, they'll go the same slow, convoluted ground path that bigger stuff uses. [sorry!] I feel your pain; shipping costs can be simply ludicrous for something that small.

Anyway, I only recommended the Manic Salamander bar ends because of your comment about your wrists & bar vibes. You could get the same effect by filling your bars w/ lead shot, if you know anyone who reloads their own shotgun shells near you... ;)

I think you guys misunderstood me a bit. No need to worry: I LIKE the vibrations. It makes the world a nicely blurry place.

Its also a mans thing, riding a noisy vibey bike. A mate of me has a highly tuned monster of a Triton.

When he gets a bit frustrated and cross at the world, he kickstarts it with risk for loosing a leg and after an hour the Triton has flamespittingly kicked the devil out of him.

Hes like a lamb for days afterwords.

Im sure the Salamander bits are great, as a matter of fact I looked them up and actually I might want to get a set in the future.

Only thing with the V11 I'd like to change now is the position of the clipons (my arms are too long).

When he gets a bit frustrated and cross at the world, he kickstarts it with risk for loosing a leg and after an hour the Triton has flamespittingly kicked the devil out of him.

Hes like a lamb for days afterwords.

Cheers mdude, those words made me laugh out loud! :lol:

I know what you mean, that's what I love with my Sporti. I still find it very strange it really has temper like a woman. Some days it just wont run well, regardless how long I ride. Some days it just seems in harmony with me and the rest of the world.