post-1212-1208968780.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How this tickle y'er fancy?

That's a new one on me. Is there one with a turtle?

This thread reminds me of the imitation "Reserve" switch on the Yamaha FJ1200.

I guess no one has come up with a universal symbol for fast idle or cold start

That would be a "circular arrow" symbol (for turnover; it would look similar to the traffic sign for "roundabout ahead") w/ icicles hanging off it, wouldn't it? ;)

I have a vague recollection from my youth of a riding lawn mower that my family had. I seem to recall it had a rabbit icon on the choke knob. Or maybe it was the throttle?

Oh, hell... I don't remember. Perhaps it simply deployed a rabbit-sized cowcatcher on the front of the mower...

cowcatcher.jpg

__Jason

I upgraded mine to a limited slip differential. That way, if the rear wheel slips, power will transfer to the rear wheel that still has traction.

Works flawlessly.

__Jason

You've got a Ural?

Guest ratchethack
I guess no one has come up with a universal symbol for fast idle or cold start

Well, if the ultimate decision between Bernoulli-effect fuel mixers and Fuel Injection comes down to a choice of the "least objectionable" universal symbol for the handlebar lever deployed in the starting drill, I reckon it's a pretty fair assumption which one would most likely be the marketing group-tested consensus leader. . . :o

post-1212-1208977512.jpg post-1212-1208977530.jpg

Just another reason that EFI seems destined to remain the leading moto strategy for the forseeable future. . . :whistle:

Well, if the ultimate decision between Bernoulli-effect fuel mixers and Fuel Injection comes down to a choice of the "least objectionable" universal symbol for the handlebar lever deployed in the starting drill, I reckon it's a pretty fair assumption which one would most likely be the marketing group-tested consensus leader. . . :o

hangmans_choke.jpg rabbit.jpg

Just another reason that EFI seems destined to remain the leading moto strategy for the forseeable future. . . :whistle:

Careful now, a noose? some may think you're making a political statement about the death penalty and take offense.... could be the beginning of a good thread gone bad. You may offend the topic starter.... :whistle: