carbon fiber protection

I understand carbon fiber doesn't do well with UV rays. Somewhere in the mass of infomation I've digested (indigested?) on this site I thought I'd read a thread on a product that will protect carbon fiber, but was unable to find it.Anyone able to help? Thanks

I understand carbon fiber doesn't do well with UV rays. Somewhere in the mass of infomation I've digested (indigested?) on this site I thought I'd read a thread on a product that will protect carbon fiber, but was unable to find it.Anyone able to help? Thanks

UV doesn't affect carbon fiber, it affects the epoxy holding the carbon fibers together. Oxygen is also detrimental, maybe in synergy w/ the UV?

Only thing I know of that would protect it from UV is sunscreen. OTOH, everyday plain old car wax will protect it from the oxygen in the air.

HTH

Might this do it? I have no experience with the stuff myself.

http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?...;Product_ID=428

UV doesn't affect carbon fiber, it affects the epoxy holding the carbon fibers together. Oxygen is also detrimental, maybe in synergy w/ the UV?

Only thing I know of that would protect it from UV is sunscreen. OTOH, everyday plain old car wax will protect it from the oxygen in the air.

HTH

Varnish!

CV1000.jpg

:bier: