v11 stuttters and stumbles during acceleration

th_01

Anyone ever figure out this problem.

After bringing out the bike for the season I have this issue whre the bike stuters and stumbles during acceleration.

I have new gas, mechanical petcock, new relays, PC, mistarl cans, k&n in stock airbox. This just started hapenning. <_>

I had a lose conection under the tank (kill switchwires) Fixed those over the winter.

Funny thing is last night I rode the hell out of it with no issues. Today it started stumblng after 2 miles.

It almost feels electrical in nature

Where should I start?

Puzzled in Boston :nerd:

Are you sure you fixed the kill switch issue? I had a broken kill switch wire on the Ducati which made the bike stumble as if it were running out of gas - but only when I turned the bike to the left. That was fun to troubleshoot.

__Jason

Where should I start?

TPS setting.

If at 500-550mV at idle consider it not the problem for now, but it may need adjustment in any case.

Like Quazi-Moto said, check the balance.

Check fuel lines for pinched hose.

Also, a wire could have fallen off one of the sensors.

Or an ignition wire could be loose.

Fuel filter :oldgit:

Listen to the pump priming when turning ignition on. Clogged fuel filter is easy to recognise. Don't ruin the synch and TPS settings until checking this out!

When one of my relays went bad the bike would actually cut out for a second or two although I wouldn't characterize this as stumbling/stuttering. Back when the bike was running too lean it would stumble though, sometimes even die pulling up to a stop. After trying a power commander and having the bike "tuned" by two different shops, I resolved the lean condition by getting a My15M ECU unit and I had Cliff fatten up the map a little. The bike runs better than it did stock.

Fuel filter :oldgit:

Listen to the pump priming when turning ignition on. Clogged fuel filter is easy to recognise. Don't ruin the synch and TPS settings until checking this out!

:stupid:

I think another indicator of a clogged filter is that the more fuel you try to give it, the more it stumbles, so if it stumble more at high throttle and high rpms, you may not be getting enough fuel.

I have not experienced this, so I could be wrong..