For the Quat-D fans

Tom M

Maybe this is old news, but there's a LeMans in the gallery section here with an under-tranny exhaust that's similar to the Quat-D. I don't know what it is or how well it works, you'd have to check with the owner on that. See http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...=si&img=487

med_gallery_5997_17_179651.jpg

With the rear fender gone, the passenger pegs & brackets gone, and no exhaust cans, I think this is the cleanest rear end that I've seen on a V11, besides the March bike-of-the-month Monza kit.

• 1 year later...
That under engine exhaust is interesting...........who is Capt. Nemo ??

Captain Nemo, aka Enzo, is or was a resident of Seatle or thereabouts, who had someone fabricate the exhaust pipes to run under the oil pan, and crossover into a single Cobra brand glasspack muffer.

Quite possibly the best possible design for making power, but the trade off is noise, ground clearance and probably more difficult oil changes.

The photos of that LeMans look similar to what a bay area gent named Frank had fabricated (by a welder coincidentally named Enzo) from the OEM mufflers. It sounded great! But I don't know how it tuned. It had no crossover.

Maybe that is Frank's bike????

Captain Nemo, aka Enzo, is or was a resident of Seatle or thereabouts, who had someone fabricate the exhaust pipes to run under the oil pan, and crossover into a single Cobra brand glasspack muffer.

Quite possibly the best possible design for making power, but the trade off is noise, ground clearance and probably more difficult oil changes.

The photos of that LeMans look similar to what a bay area gent named Frank had fabricated (by a welder coincidentally named Enzo) from the OEM mufflers. It sounded great! But I don't know how it tuned. It had no crossover.

Maybe that is Frank's bike????

Thanks for the informative response! It is a clean looking setup and I'm wondering how it sounded!?? It would be nice if the guy, Frank??, could post up about that exhaust build and the results.

Does anyone have a picture(s) of the Captain Nemo fabricated exhaust setup that they could post up?? I did some searching and found reference to it but missed the pics if there were any.

Just wondering about the OEM crossover or "expansion chamber" as it was called on a parts list I was looking at. What's inside of that part as the aftermarket crossovers sure seem to be favored. I have interest in the Mistral unit after reading this thread; http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...=11564&st=0

Thanks for the informative response! It is a clean looking setup and I'm wondering how it sounded!?? It would be nice if the guy, Frank??, could post up about that exhaust build and the results.

Does anyone have a picture(s) of the Captain Nemo fabricated exhaust setup that they could post up?? I did some searching and found reference to it but missed the pics if there were any.

Just wondering about the OEM crossover or "expansion chamber" as it was called on a parts list I was looking at. What's inside of that part as the aftermarket crossovers sure seem to be favored. I have interest in the Mistral unit after reading this thread; http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...=11564&st=0

Had pix of it at one point... I think that computer died, tho'! :P

Enzo/Captain Nemo/The resident d'ckhead was one of those characters who inhabit the internet who seem to rejoice in keyboard-based Turette's syndrome, getting themselves banned from boards, making enemies, etc. I always considered his posts fine entertainment, but then I never had him yanking my chain so vigorously... ;) I never could quite figure out if he really was the racist neo-nazi uber-liberal his posts made him out to be, or if that was all part of the fun?

Anyway, he developed (with the assistance of others) his "Cobra" 2->1 exhaust prior to the Griso making it from concept bike to production [put it around '02 or '03 then...] and therefore he does deserve some credit for producing a "new" [to V11 use] performance exhaust. Fundamentally, it looked like the mirror image of a Griso's stock headers, with the junction moved up to the front corner of the sump instead of the rear, and single pipe running back alongside the sump to turn the corner and cross under the tranny (kind of like the aftermarket Griso pipe that cuts out the "U" under the bike & exits on the right side.)

Enzo had the same problem as most of the H-D ilk in thinking that "noise = power," so he always had too many of the discs in the SuperTrapp megaphone he clamped on the end to produce the right back pressure.

I always wondered if he'd chosen the correct direction to run his headers, esp. after the Griso was released with its headers running on the opposite side, as the few other 2->1 guzzi exhausts I'd seen pix of that ran to the right side had a bunch of extra tubing for the left side head curlicuing about to get the correct tuned lengths?

No matter: put a rt. side aftermarket can on a Griso, paint the entire exhaust system in rattle-can BBQ paint, wrap red & white fiberglas exhaust tape around the headers like a barber pole, hold the whole thing up to a mirror & you'll have a close approximation to the looks of Enzo's "Cobra" exhaust.

He eventually grew tired of trying to turn his Sport into something it wasn't and bought a Honda RC-51 for hooning around on. That was about the last we heard from him... Too bad, as he certainly brought a lot of activity to the board whenever he chose to join in and expose us all to his peculiar slice of insanity! :D

I LIKE CANS "whoops",while the Guzzi in the pic look's nice and clean mufflers sweeping up seem to just enhance a bike and make it whole,without them it's like a limb has been chopped off and besides the Guzzi motor look's like a big lump anyway and even more so with the muffler underneath like that,just my 2 cents.

Stu.

Had pix of it at one point... I think that computer died, tho'! :P

Enzo/Captain Nemo/The resident d'ckhead was one of those characters who inhabit the internet who seem to rejoice in keyboard-based Turette's syndrome, getting themselves banned from boards, making enemies, etc. I always considered his posts fine entertainment, but then I never had him yanking my chain so vigorously... ;) I never could quite figure out if he really was the racist neo-nazi uber-liberal his posts made him out to be, or if that was all part of the fun?

Anyway, he developed (with the assistance of others) his "Cobra" 2->1 exhaust prior to the Griso making it from concept bike to production [put it around '02 or '03 then...] and therefore he does deserve some credit for producing a "new" [to V11 use] performance exhaust. Fundamentally, it looked like the mirror image of a Griso's stock headers, with the junction moved up to the front corner of the sump instead of the rear, and single pipe running back alongside the sump to turn the corner and cross under the tranny (kind of like the aftermarket Griso pipe that cuts out the "U" under the bike & exits on the right side.)

Enzo had the same problem as most of the H-D ilk in thinking that "noise = power," so he always had too many of the discs in the SuperTrapp megaphone he clamped on the end to produce the right back pressure.

I always wondered if he'd chosen the correct direction to run his headers, esp. after the Griso was released with its headers running on the opposite side, as the few other 2->1 guzzi exhausts I'd seen pix of that ran to the right side had a bunch of extra tubing for the left side head curlicuing about to get the correct tuned lengths?

No matter: put a rt. side aftermarket can on a Griso, paint the entire exhaust system in rattle-can BBQ paint, wrap red & white fiberglas exhaust tape around the headers like a barber pole, hold the whole thing up to a mirror & you'll have a close approximation to the looks of Enzo's "Cobra" exhaust.

He eventually grew tired of trying to turn his Sport into something it wasn't and bought a Honda RC-51 for hooning around on. That was about the last we heard from him... Too bad, as he certainly brought a lot of activity to the board whenever he chose to join in and expose us all to his peculiar slice of insanity! :D

Thanks for the informative update!! IF anyone has a picture(s) of the Enzo bike or a link to the thread or post where the picture(s) might be I'd like to see what the heck this unique person came up with!!

Funny, I thought he was just another racist Libertarian.

Here is a thread with missing photos and missing dyno charts

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8555

Thanks for posting up the link to the now 3 year old thread!! :D

I sure enjoyed reading it and he sure seemed to be having fun playing with mods on his V11!!! Tooo bad the pics and dyno charts are missing as I'd like to have seen the PHAT torque curve that was mentioned. Of course having the hi-compression pistons is making more power right away.

Thanks for posting up the link to the now 3 year old thread!! :D

I sure enjoyed reading it and he sure seemed to be having fun playing with mods on his V11!!! Tooo bad the pics and dyno charts are missing as I'd like to have seen the PHAT torque curve that was mentioned. Of course having the hi-compression pistons is making more power right away.

oh GOD is it hideous, you wouldn't want to have seen it. it was like a teal and cream puke fest I think it also had some purple, kudos to his brass balls for trying to pull it off though. Also his phat torq curves and vast gains were scoffed at, its been awhile and I think he was of the exaggerating variety.