Upgraded ECU

Guest Ferank

Guest Ferank

I recently purchased this V11 Sport. I was told the OEM ECU was replaced with this ECU when the exhaust was put on...

Can anyone point me to more info on the ECU/exhaust upgrade specs?

Thanks!!

97044377.jpg

97044376.jpg

Sorry, I don't have exact and reliable specs for the ecu, but you've bought the probably best looking and even better sounding exhaust for the V11 available. The ecu mapping is matching the cans, it's normaly sold as a bundle, the Titanium Kit (sic!)

Enjoy it!

Hubert

Sorry, I don't have exact and reliable specs for the ecu, but you've bought the probably best looking and even better sounding exhaust for the V11 available. The ecu mapping is matching the cans, it's normaly sold as a bundle, the Titanium Kit (sic!)

Enjoy it!

Hubert

What Hubert said! :stupid:

Moto Guzzi's Ti pipes came/come [NLA? Greg Field would know] with the "Ti ecu" which has a different map from the stock ecu to account for the decreased backpressure, etc. of the "off-road only" (nudge-nudge, wink-wink) Ti pipes. The "01" vs. "03" Ti ecu have slightly differing maps to allow for the front crossover on the headers of the '03+ models; AFAIK, nobody has provided input as to a mismatch of the "01" ecu on an '03 or later bike w/ the front x-over being problematic, since even the Ti ecu seems to benefit from a PCIII despite the supposedly "optimized" mapping of the kit ecu!

Net result is that many of those installing the kit sell either the spare stock or the kit ecu & use the money defray the cost of installation & custom mapping of a Power Commander anyway.

So my advice is the same as Huberts: stop worrying about it & go enjoy! You got the best aftermarket kit out there for your bike, just include it on your insurance declaration of value/modifications so if you crash you won't have to eat the $1500+ cost of replacement yourself... :o

Guest Ferank
What Hubert said! :stupid:

Moto Guzzi's Ti pipes came/come [NLA? Greg Field would know] with the "Ti ecu" which has a different map from the stock ecu to account for the decreased backpressure, etc. of the "off-road only" (nudge-nudge, wink-wink) Ti pipes. The "01" vs. "03" Ti ecu have slightly differing maps to allow for the front crossover on the headers of the '03+ models; AFAIK, nobody has provided input as to a mismatch of the "01" ecu on an '03 or later bike w/ the front x-over being problematic, since even the Ti ecu seems to benefit from a PCIII despite the supposedly "optimized" mapping of the kit ecu!

Net result is that many of those installing the kit sell either the spare stock or the kit ecu & use the money defray the cost of installation & custom mapping of a Power Commander anyway.

So my advice is the same as Huberts: stop worrying about it & go enjoy! You got the best aftermarket kit out there for your bike, just include it on your insurance declaration of value/modifications so if you crash you won't have to eat the $1500+ cost of replacement yourself... :o

Great advice! I am enjoying her every chance I get. I will sift through PCIII upgrade posts for more info...

Thank you for the replies!!!

Ferank,

you've only 3 posts so far, you've a very nice bike, in very good condition, well runnig also, I suppose, so take this very last chance and leave everything as it is. Especially leave this and other forums ;)

As mentioned, you only have 3 posts so far and they already have started drowning you in ECU, TPS and PCIII threads. Run and hope you can hide.

Hubert

Guest Ferank
Ferank,

you've only 3 posts so far, you've a very nice bike, in very good condition, well runnig also, I suppose, so take this very last chance and leave everything as it is. Especially leave this and other forums ;)

As mentioned, you only have 3 posts so far and they already have started drowning you in ECU, TPS and PCIII threads. Run and hope you can hide.

Hubert

I cant say I wasn't warned! I consider myself very privileged to own such a remarkable machine! Now I want to inundate myself with useful/useless information about every nut and bolt.

This experience is a very unique character building exercise!

Ferank,

Hubert

I am sure Frank carries a Scuba tank with him to prevent drowning...

TPS is shouldn't be as overwhelming as it appears in our forum...and we are always willing to help from our armchairs...

But watch out for the predators,

shark-attack1.jpg

At least promise yourself that if you ever get the idea to experiment with the TPS settings, write the current values down first before touching it. Not [try to] memorize, but write them down. Both idle voltage and base voltage.

(Maybe that should be suggested in the How-To too as long as we know some bikes don't respond to it as expected!)

At least promise yourself that if you ever get the idea to experiment with the TPS settings, write the current values down first before touching it. Not [try to] memorize, but write them down. Both idle voltage and base voltage.

(Maybe that should be suggested in the How-To too as long as we know some bikes don't respond to it as expected!)

Good idea.

As noted - your year of V11 is a bit different than mine.

But my Ti Kit came with a new ECU that was marked differently than the OEM:

The New ECU with that came with the Kit:

NewECU.jpg

Comparison of Old and New ECUs:

ComparisonofECUs.jpg

As noted - your year of V11 is a bit different than mine.

But my Ti Kit came with a new ECU that was marked differently than the OEM:

Sean,

If you turn any of those ECUs over they will look the same as the one in Ferank's picture. They mount with the heatsink fins facing down.