MG tank bag

badmotogoozer

I bought this MG tank bag on ebay but for the life of me I can't figure out how the front straps attach. They are far too long to just go around the headstock, and there doesn't seem to be a logical, obvious way to attach. Hints?

cheers,

My wife has a MG tank bag for her V11 that uses a harness that straps over the tank, tying to the front motor mounts at the front and to the bolt that the tank is held on with at the back. The actual bag the attaches to that with a zipper and a clip.

I bought this MG tank bag on ebay but for the life of me I can't figure out how the front straps attach. They are far too long to just go around the headstock, and there doesn't seem to be a logical, obvious way to attach. Hints?

cheers,

The straps wrap around the bottom part of the headstock [below those protrusions] and click into the snaps on the opposite side. The extra amount of strap left over I tie and tuck underneath the strap, no wind flapping.

I bought a roll of anti skid rubber, found at Marine outlet stores, [steveston Marine] normally used to prevent glasses and plates from sliding around on a ship at sea. This stuff works great for paint protection, as there is a ridge on the tank bag 'main base' on the outside that will cause progressivlly worse paint damage. Also paint damage can occur where the front straps go towards the headstock, the bag base does not fully protect the paint from the straps scuffing the front of the fuel tank. This stuff eliminates it. I cut a section of it traced from the outer shape of the base pad, a bit bigger. When the tank bag comes off, the pad goes in the tank bag for next time, and it can be washed.

Steve

Run the two front straps down to the frame mount that goes to the engine block there is a cross member to wrap it around. Make sure you start the wrap on the inside so the strap come out then goes staight back up to the clip that u can adjust. That is how mine is on. It works good when i wash my bike i release the clips and the bag slides side to side to clean underneath.

Run the two front straps down to the frame mount that goes to the engine block there is a cross member to wrap it around. Make sure you start the wrap on the inside so the strap come out then goes staight back up to the clip that u can adjust. That is how mine is on. It works good when i wash my bike i release the clips and the bag slides side to side to clean underneath.

I just bought the MG tank bag and that is the way I mounted it. But how will I secure the other end of the bag-base (to the bolt that the tank is held)? I see 2 small holes on that end. I just put it there and placed the seat above it without tightening or using anything else...

My wife has a MG tank bag for her V11 that uses a harness that straps over the tank, tying to the front motor mounts at the front and to the bolt that the tank is held on with at the back. The actual bag the attaches to that with a zipper and a clip.

YES.