One year anniversary...

savagehenry

Hey All, Just in the mood to Gush Unabashedly, Brag, "suck it up and fix 'er" and profess the love of my "new" bike...Feel free to leave now if yer in no mood for PROSE on the internet...

In roughly the same period of time, in the EARLY '70's, I saw "On Any Sunday" and "Easyrider". This did NOT ONE THING to quell "my interest" in "Graveyard Ponies" (Granda's view) :lol:

AND we had a genuine M/C GANG, (now they prefer "club") right around the corner.

As a kid, I loved, then lost, my beloved 5 horse Tecumseh minibike because my 3 sisters, and I, could not ALL share and enjoy the experience "equally". :bbblll:

I always loved Harleys. Started when I was very young, and was based in sheer LOVE of the visceral experience that is the genuine American garage built chopper. Long stroke, torquey, ROWDY bikes. Well built and designed by smart friends, BAD Ideas, and Drunken Stupidity resulting in TRULY DANGEROUS (READ: Not Safe :o ) bikes. To this day, a 4 cylinder rocket has not been able to entice me. AIR COOLED TWINS, PLEASE.

Had several Harleys, in various set-ups, much to my mothers dismay, over the years, after I got my license. Spent my time in the "M/C school of Hard Knocks" (READ: :luigi: )

9 years in, in a non M/C related accident, I injured my kicking leg (read: "Kickers ONLY, Dammit!") bad enough to be off work for a year and a half. Lost ALL my stuff, (bikes, parachutes, home, etc.) while fighting the legal system for re-compense.

Took the money, and decided I will NOT spend time NOT RIDING. Bought an old BMW.

The Flat Twin. The Legend remains for a REASON. Forces cancelled=Smoothness. Years of JOY. At the somewhat TAMED expense of "the visceral experience..."...and life moved on. Got married, had kids. Now it ALL means something.

Three years ago. 20 years on the street. FIRST Car vs. Motorcycle accident, Head on, NO GEAR.......and WALK AWAY...

...then 3 friends die...

...I saw the Green/ Red frame when it came out in '99. It was DEFINATELY nothing I would have considered before. But it was'nt SHARP, like the Eastern offerings.. It was Countoured. It was air cooled in a world of "Hyper HP EFFIN extreme" new shite. Analog vs. Digital...and it would'nt go away...

Came here 14ish monthes ago. Researched the model. A guy who was selling a Cafe Sport turned me on to a Nero Corsa (WANTED the Ohlins Package, and am very :D ) on the FBF site. "Analogboy" buys a "newish", never ridden bike, much less a Moto Guzzi, over the Internet!, cuz it's got "all the SHITE" (see below), wife is NOT Happy...

...It is "the SHITE" and I LOVE her. For me, a PERFECT Daily bike.

It perfectly blends the rowdy long stroke 45 degree twin, with the more engineeringly sound 90 degree V, and the transverse mount "BMWish advantage".

I've had a couple of the "teething problems", and had my first "I can't ride when I WANT TO!" moment 2 weeks ago, fixed it.

On June 1st, OUR 1 year anniversary of RIDING, we will do the un-glaciated "driftless" area of S.W. Wisconson, 500 miles+/_ again. We will anoint in the Mississippi, again. Last time, it was curves and hills and views and smells and never met people and good food and beer and NO Major Highways till LATE and spppppeeeddd...ALL day long, you get my point :helmet:

Jaap, Great Site. Will continue to lend support as "computer vs. homebrew" dictates. Hey you slags! Pay homage to the little demon that Gnaws! and whispers, "This site has served you WELL, DONATE!!!"

Thanks for the help, fun and commeraderie, see ya round, Namaste, :notworthy::mg::wub: S.H.

money_shot.jpg