Can someone explain the problems with the Kawasaki team?? Hopper is probably my fav rider in gp and I knew it was a mistake to go to Kawi for the next two seasons. Is Hopper just a bad rider or is Kawi just that bad?? I believe Kawi is just that bad, but why?? I think if Hopper had stayed with the Rizla Suzi team, he'd be in the top 10 if not the top 5 and he certainly wouldn't have the problems he's having.

• 3 weeks later...
The Monster Drink Reps are probably not very happy with their investment...

Looking at Hopkins stopping in the middle of the Donnington race I would say no, they must be very angry...

Looking at Hopkins stopping in the middle of the Donnington race I would say no, they must be very angry...
Did he stop, or did the bike stop?

This year that green piece of 2 wheeled garbage has torn his groin, broken his back - and shed it's chain mid race. Now it appears to have up and quit on him. Hopper may have found the only Japanese team with no sense of "face."

Huge mistake for Hopper to have gone with Kaw - but he's always "followed the money." May be a mentality driven by his modest circumstance growing up and the extremely difficult time he had getting rides as a youngster with no connections and no funds.

Here's his thoughts on Kaw end of May:

Hopkins: ‘Enough is Enough’

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/mot...ough-is-enough/

I think John could have been a contender. I fear now his moment may have passed. More's the pity. Good kid, and awesome rider. No one rails corners like John.

Did he stop, or did the bike stop?

Oh, the bike. Here's what the official Kwack press releases says (John Hopkins' words) :

"It's difficult to express how frustrated I feel after today's race. I got away from the start pretty well, but then Toseland highsided right in front of me exiting the first turn and, while he slid off the track, I had to brake almost to a standstill to avoid his bike. This left me dead last on the opening lap, but I got my head down and fought my way back through the field, eventually passing Anthony to take tenth position. I think it was possible to close the gap on the group ahead of me, but then the bike just stopped at the Old Hairpin.

Oh, the bike. Here's what the official Kwack press releases says (John Hopkins' words) ...

Yea, I didn't think John quit on his own. I re-read my last post. The "green piece of two wheeled garbage" (admittedly over the top- sorry) was directed at the bike - the bike has thrown Hopper any number of times and torn him up pretty good. When its not throwing him, it quits on him. And you have to ask how in this day and age a bike at that level can throw a chain. Gotta' look past the bike to the crew on that one.

Not pretty over there right now.

Did I see a big, big belly under the leather of Hopkins?

Jee, He must do something about his imago and ego!!!

Hopper's probably taken to drinking heavily to rid him of his depression for leaving Rizla. I agree with Pierre that this has clearly got to be a crew or bigger problem.

Did I see a big, big belly under the leather of Hopkins?

That didn't stop riders like Barros to perform very well.

Of course it's better to be thin and all muscles (Bayliss and Toseland are very good examples) but some rather 'equipped' riders still do well despite a few kilos here and there.

I re-read my last post. The "green piece of two wheeled garbage" (admittedly over the top- sorry)
Maybe not over the top. Very scary get off (230 kph) that will put Hopper out for at least 4 weeks, maybe more. Front end just went away. So did Ant West's during the race.

That's a bad bike right now. IMHO Kaw needs to do some house cleaning, both at engineering level and at crew level. That, or get out of the game if they aren't willing to recruit and pay for bike development / set-up / maintenance talent.

FWIW, thought Rossi's charge from dead last was most interesting part of the race, followed in no particular order by commentators' blaming DePuniet for Rossi's crash, Nicky's bike quitting on the home stretch, Colin's comments regarding Nicky's bike quitting, and the mid pack dice for 4th for better part of the race. Nice they showed some of that instead of what they usually do, endlessly follow the lonely leader around the track no matter how far ahead he is.

Least interesting part of the whole telecast ... watching Pedrosa exude zero emotion at post race interview after having finished second and inheriting points lead. Oh yea - keep a lid on it Danny. LOL!

IMHO Kaw needs to do some house cleaning, both at engineering level and at crew level.

Kwack competition manager (Barthelemy) has declared that Hopkins seat is available for Melandri in Germany if Marco and Ducati part company (which is only a question of days/weeks unless Marco suddenly changes the way he rides that GP8).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest frankdugo

just saw the end of german gp----ducati wins, stoner up to 3rd. doc 2nd,takes point lead. pedrosa& colin crash.these boys are good! 167mph on a wet track in the rain. brigestone back on top.remember shumacher in rumania? a few years back in the rain.they earned their pay today.