Oil pan for V11

Dimitris

Hi!!

I want an oil belly pan for my V11. The reason is that I do track days and maybe I will take part in some races in the future. The belly pan should cover the whole engine of the inferior surface, so as to be suitable for racing use (in case some oil drops out...it should prevent it from dripping to the track-road).

So what are the options I have?

I know that Stucchi and Motomecca are doing some belly pans for the V11s. From pictures I can see that the Stucchi is not suitable for racing, cause it does not cover the whole inferior surface. I don't know if the Motomecca is OK. Some other brands maybe??

Thank you!

You may be able to adapt one from a Buell Lightning.

I have also seen people make their own(or have made for them) out of sheet aluminum. Looks trick, especially anodized.

Not sure how much actual good that pan would do but it should satisfy the letter of the law, so to speak. The belly pan rul has nothing to do with which way your cases split. It is to catch any oil that might leak out of your motor, say from a lose oil line or from a hole in the block made by a broken rod, to keep it of the race track so that others are not in as much danger from your problem.

I e-mailed Motomecca, asking them if the belly pan, they make for the V11, is covering the whole inferior surface of the crankase. I hope I won't have to fit a universal one....

I e-mailed Motomecca, asking them if the belly pan, they make for the V11, is covering the whole inferior surface of the crankase. I hope I won't have to fit a universal one....

Motomecca replied. Unfrtunately their oil pan covers the half of the sump.... :(:(

So, noone has any idea of what sort of oil pan could I mount to the V11 (with the above specifications..)??

I don't know where to buy one, but any decent sheet metal shop should be able to make one up quite easily.