Experience with Scooter Superstore - Atlanta

Danno

While looking for a scooter for my son to get to school on I stumbled into Scooter Superstore in Atlanta. They sell Piaggio, Aprillia and Vespa scooters as well as Moto Guzzi's. They had two Grisos, one Norge, one 1200 Sport and a couple of Breva's.

They said they had a mechanic with 30 yrs of Guzzi experience.

Has anyone had any experience with service at this shop?

While looking for a scooter for my son to get to school on I stumbled into Scooter Superstore in Atlanta. They sell Piaggio, Aprillia and Vespa scooters as well as Moto Guzzi's. They had two Grisos, one Norge, one 1200 Sport and a couple of Breva's.

They said they had a mechanic with 30 yrs of Guzzi experience.

Has anyone had any experience with service at this shop?

Howdy.

My EV is there now, all for work I could do myself ... well, except for mounting new M880's. Just ran out of time.

BTW, as of last night when I visited my EV, think they had three Norges (2 red & 1 black), a Griso, a Breva 750, a Nevada (I think), 2 1200S's, and a press-abused Vintage.

The mechanic is "Guzzi Steve," a regular on w/g and well known to n. Illinois Guzzisti for most of those "30 yrs of Guzzi experience," and to most Atlanta Guzzisti ... well, at least those who attend our monthly meetings at the Vortex [i.e., come by, Danno. We are at the L5P Vortex at 7 on the second Wed of the month; http://www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/].

Steve is VERY knowledgeable and good with all loop- and Tonti-frame Guzzis, and is learning the new stuff. He even bought the vdst (or whatever the acronym is) on his own to use, and has been lurking for some time on the guzzitech forums so as to stay ahead of the game on issues with newer Guzzis.

The owner (or manager ... I'm not sure which), Adrian, rides a Griso. Andrew Skilling, the service (and, just now, also a parts and sales guy) seems responsive. They push so many Piaggio scooters out the door that they seem to have a very fine relationship with the Mother Ship, which should be a help.

My only misgiving, beyond what you might infer from the above, is that I think they are not getting an Axone. I have an e/m to Adrian and Andrew about that and await their reply.

That sounds worse than it is. They are part of several other stores. They tell me that they will overnight the Axone up here whenever needed ... without billing the customer (well, directly, of course :wacko: ).

Besides, this place is 2 miles from my house. A great deal. http://vespamidtown.com/

FWIW, just saw that there is now a Guzzi dealer in Dahlonega and another new one in Statesboro. Yee ha.

Bill

Bill - thanks for the information. Dealers seem to change with the tides. I live 3 miles from the dealer in Roswell so that is convenient to me. I have not had my bike in to any dealer yet. I just bought it in February.

Second Wednesday...that would be this week. I'll try and get down there. It's a bit of a ride for me on a wednesday night. My girlfriend refers to the Thursday bike night at the Vortex as 'Stupid Jacket Night.'

Bill - thanks for the information. Dealers seem to change with the tides. I live 3 miles from the dealer in Roswell so that is convenient to me. I have not had my bike in to any dealer yet. I just bought it in February.

Second Wednesday...that would be this week. I'll try and get down there. It's a bit of a ride for me on a wednesday night. My girlfriend refers to the Thursday bike night at the Vortex as 'Stupid Jacket Night.'

You 'burbites are so uppity. :D

She's right, of course, tho more than jax are stupid. ;)

Anyway, as you might suppose, the Guzzi gathering is a bit more refined ... erm ... no, that;'s not quite the right word, but usually it's less stupid, and certainly no stupid jackets!

I post this, however, mostly to tell you and anyone else interested that this dealer just ordered an Axone, and it should be in later this week.

Bill